The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. New Evora Gt owner here and wondering if anyone has any recommended mods or thoughts on them for the 2020 Gt's at all? Love my car as is but would not say no adding a little extra to really make the folks who keep revving at me while I drive look silly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would be surprised if many Evora 400 mods don't fit/work on the GT.

If you are talking power there are Komo-Tec 435 (tune only), 460 and 475 HP kits for the 400, I would be willing to bet that they have already started looking into adapting the kits to work on the GT. You should ping them and ask.

I have the 460 kit, another member here has the 435. Both of us have aftermarket intakes and exhausts as well. With the intake, tune and complete exhaust replacement that comes with the 460 kit the car is pretty amazing.

Here is a clip on mine on the track:

http://instagr.am/p/B0JkPhqlXSf/

·
Lotus Evora Specialty
218 Posts
Any differences from the GT bumper besides just looks here?
It's really about the looks. I could make a pitch about this-or-that but really, it's how it makes you smile when you park your car, walk away, and turn around for the final glance before locking the doors. ;)

If you're interested in some handling improvements, our anti-roll bar bushings have been well received. They are reasonably priced and an easy DIY for the weekend wrench.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you are talking power there are Komo-Tec 435 (tune only), 460 and 475 HP kits for the 400, I would be willing to bet that they have already started looking into adapting the kits to work on the GT. You should ping them and ask.
Any issues with emissions testing in your state and my I ask who installed this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any issues with emissions testing in your state and my I ask who installed this?
Aston Martin of New England (dealer that sold me the car) did all of my work (aside from the 1 off 3rd taillight, that was AVI Boston).

We had to run the emissions twice but I think the 1st time I still had a little non-93 octane in the system. Running on 93 exclusively since then I have not had any check engine lights.

·
Vendor
1,213 Posts
Many of the 400 parts fit the GT's.
Some of the first things we recommend to guys would be:
Decat pipe - GRP Evora 400,410,GT Decat/Race Exhaust Pipe
Cold Air Intake - Cold Air Intake System for Evora 400, 410, 430, GT
Wheel stud kit/spacers (more for looks) - Motorsport Hardware Wheel Stud Kits
Tail lights (also for looks) - GRP V3 Tail Lights for Evora, Evora S, Evora 400/410/430/GT, Exige 380/430 & Elise Cup

As mentioned prior there isnt any tuning on the market for your car besides Komo-Tec currently.
Shoot us a call/email with any questions on goodies for the new car!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cold Air Intake -
Cold Air Intake System for Evora 400, 410, 430, GT
Tail lights (also for looks) - GRP V3 Tail Lights for Evora, Evora S, Evora 400/410/430/GT, Exige 380/430 & Elise Cup

As mentioned prior there isnt any tuning on the market for your car besides Komo-Tec currently.
100% on these.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cold Air Intake - Cold Air Intake System for Evora 400, 410, 430, GT

Just got word back from Komo-Tec that they don't do anything for the US Evora's. Email said they are slightly different and they don't know where the difference is.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
Just got word back from Komo-Tec that they don't do anything for the US Evora's. Email said they are slightly different and they don't know where the difference is.
US GT is same as Euro GT430 but with a 3rd cat added into the exhaust lineup. GRP's deCat brings it back to Euro configurations,

Other mods:

BOE header (more powerful than komo-tec short tubes
Komo-tec or BOE engine tune
Ohlins TTX 36's as spec'd on the GT430, contact Ken Hall, SB Suspension a GT owner and Ohlins USA authorized rebuilder
GT430 front bumper package, cf bumper, misc. ducting, spoiler, front undertray
GT430 rear wing
GT430 j-hook brake discs
you didn't say if you have a 6 spd of automatic? if auto install BOE revised solenoids for quicker shifting

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any idea the cost of the 430 front and hatch + wing vs HethelSport?

Also weight difference between the two?

is the hethelsport a duplicate of OEM this same aerodynamic benefits?

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts

Lotus OEM 430 / 410 hatch is very light and pure cf. Weights are in weight tables linked to "how too's" section of this forum. Hethelsport hatch is same shape but made from fiberglass with a cf overlay so heavier by some amount.

·
Registered
29 Posts

Not the same and the delta on the cost with paint, ppf and all OEM CF bumper & parts will be about $20K for front bumper alone and if you are looking at CF rear wing, you need to change the CF hatch and that is another $15K.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts

Similar appearance and aero and weight but deff not the same.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
Bought my GT last fall - anyone done anything yet for harnesses?
Do a search on harnesses with my name, few yes=ars back I installed in my Sport 410. The GT and all 400, 4xx's cars are the same. I got a harness bar from SSC along with the 2+0 adapter block and hardware to attach ASM 4pt to the seat. I imported a number of bars for a group, but last I heard Gator Motorsport was trying to stock them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
US GT is same as Euro GT430 but with a 3rd cat added into the exhaust lineup. GRP's deCat brings it back to Euro configurations,

Other mods:

BOE header (more powerful than komo-tec short tubes
Komo-tec or BOE engine tune
Ohlins TTX 36's as spec'd on the GT430, contact Ken Hall, SB Suspension a GT owner and Ohlins USA authorized rebuilder
GT430 front bumper package, cf bumper, misc. ducting, spoiler, front undertray
GT430 rear wing
GT430 j-hook brake discs
you didn't say if you have a 6 spd of automatic? if auto install BOE revised solenoids for quicker shifting
How does one do the "BOE Engine Tune"???? I did not know this existed...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts