The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dam, approx $35k..... + ohlin’s

if I recall Lotus claims the 430 rear wing needs the 430 front end for proper downforce at both ends. Any opinions on if that’s actually true? Didn’t know if on the GT the front end with a splitter would be enough downforce to keep things balanced?

do tracks allow 4pt belts? i put 4pt belts in my Saab for track days, then a year or so later they organizers wouldn’t allow those belts, so I used the factory 3pt. i didn’t want to deal with modifying my car to accept 5pt belts....

·
Registered
30 Posts
you need the front bumper splitter if you install the rear wing otherwise the car will be off balance on front end if you are racing........and its not just the front bumper, the air ducts on the GT are not the same as the GT 430 and are required again....if racing.....

no rear wing...no front splitter...simple....and for those that love top speed.....faster by roughly 12-15 mph

·
Registered
29 Posts
you need the front bumper splitter if you install the rear wing otherwise the car will be off balance on front end if you are racing........and its not just the front bumper, the air ducts on the GT are not the same as the GT 430 and are required again....if racing.....

no rear wing...no front splitter...simple....and for those that love top speed.....faster by roughly 12-15 mph
Which air ducts are you referring to that aren't the same?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The front bumper connects to air ducts for proper air flow, the ones on the GT are not the same as for the GT 430 and are required if you plan on the OEM CF bumper, CF splitter and new under tray.

if you go with aftermarket, you wont need to make those changes and obviously will be a lot less.

·
Recent Lotus Convert
2020 Evora GT
19 Posts
Thought a lot about mods before getting my Fire Red GT. A few are to better color coordinate the car. My current list:

1. DeCat from GRP.
2. Silver/Grey side marker reflectors vs. the orange. Front P/N: A132U4850F and A1324849F
3. Front Clam badge in black logo.
4. Hub caps covers in black logo.
5. Clear film on door sill.
6. Clear film on ALL of the rear bumper opening to protect the carbon fiber.

Others I'm considering:
1. Fire Extinguisher. Like a bracket to atch to passenger seat rail. Might make or have made.
2. Gold / Bronze wheel finish, maybe with color matching stripe. Maybe when I need tires.
3. Buy Hethelsport sail panel and paint match. (replace the black)
4. GT430 front cover if original is damaged.

Mark

21 - 26 of 26 Posts