The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evora
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice look! For your numbers, I assume those are vinyl? Do you leave them on between events?

How are you doing so far competition-wise with it?

Mike
Yes, I leave the numbers on but they are too small now, the folks complained they couldn't read them...
I only did 2 PCA (Porsche) autocross events and did reasonably well in the top 3rd. I had to adjust from driving a 911 for autocross which was pretty different. The driver really matters I think and there are many folks with caymans and boxsters with special tires who are very experienced. One thing I noted was that the visibility towards the front edges is not great so its hard to put the car close to cones without hitting them

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
41 Posts
Yes, I leave the numbers on but they are too small now, the folks complained they couldn't read them...
I only did 2 PCA (Porsche) autocross events and did reasonably well in the top 3rd. I had to adjust from driving a 911 for autocross which was pretty different. The driver really matters I think and there are many folks with caymans and boxsters with special tires who are very experienced. One thing I noted was that the visibility towards the front edges is not great so its hard to put the car close to cones without hitting them
Cool...I have been debating about what to do regarding numbers, and I think I'm just gonna get vinyl ones in that same style you have (black numbers, black circle), but in the correct size (SCCA wants them 8" tall)...and then just leave them on all the time. My previous cars I just had magnetic numbers, but that won't work on the Evora, now will it?

Good to see you outrunning those darn Porsches with it. I'm forming the opinion that once properly set up for AX, the Evora will do great. Even bone stock, including OEM tires, it will run with the leaders. I agree that the front left fender gets in the way visibility-wise on tight left handers...but it is nothing compared to the 6th-gen Camaro I previously ran (cone location was a pure guessing game), and visibility is better than the M2 Competition as well. The main thing I see so far is corner-entry push...but that should be sorted with a front bar, some camber, and stickier wider front tires.
Our region does alot of events with "Fun Runs" at the end, meaning we can drive each others cars for fun. And I'm usually the rookie coordinator, and like to show the rookies how I would drive their cars when I get the chance. So...that means I drive alot of cars, and I can say that mid-corner feel in the Lotus is better than anything I've driven, and drive off the corner is one of the best too. If I can get that corner entry more balanced...it will be like driving a go kart.

Anyways...keep us posted on your progress as you get more runs in it!
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts