The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone checked to see if the vent covers from the Evora GT would fit on an older S1? One of mine has a dent/scratch in it (i'm guessing a rock) that's been there since I bought it. I've looked at other options like these:

But, I like the look of the new honeycomb style GT ones too, and they are MUCH cheaper than the hethelsport ones.

(stole this pic online off Gator's site to show what i'm talking about...)

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
825 Posts
Man, I like the way those Hethelsport covers look. The only thing I would fear is the clam removal, not the price of the part. Also, on each Hethelsport product I’ve purchased, I’ve always had to head to the hardware store to find new bolts because whatever was stock was different on the components being added.
That said, to the OP, the shape should have stayed the same, but there might be different length bolts between the metal mesh covers and an injection molded plastic cover. Then again, could be the same fastener. Someone who’s done any swap of the covers would have to comment. Otherwise, I don’t know why the 400 style covers wouldn’t fit on an S1.

·
Illegal Alien
4,718 Posts
Covers fit the same hole. The S1 and Sport 410's, GT410 & GT430 used the metal mesh while the 400's and GT's used the plastic honeycomb. All I can figure is that teh plastic was used because it was cheaper. Now given an existing car, the expensive/time consuming part too the clam removal to gain access.

If it was me I would fix dent by using a L shaped hook&pick tool with a big washer to pull up screen into place and then mask off and spray paint the screening.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just for reference, the above tools can be used to bend the factory grilles back into place if they have been dented / leant on etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts