The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Am I missing the US-spec Evora GT listed in that chart? Again, since the springs are the same between the 400 and the GT - I am wondering if anyone has taken any actual measurements comparing the 2.

Much like the "extra" 16hp the GTs have - I haven't seen back-to-back dyno runs with a 400 and GT so I just wonder if there really is a difference. None of the dyno charts I've seen for the GTs indicate a power increase but without them being dyno'd same day, same dyno, it's impossible to know.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
817 Posts
Am I missing the US-spec Evora GT listed in that chart? Again, since the springs are the same between the 400 and the GT - I am wondering if anyone has taken any actual measurements comparing the 2.

Much like the "extra" 16hp the GTs have - I haven't seen back-to-back dyno runs with a 400 and GT so I just wonder if there really is a difference. None of the dyno charts I've seen for the GTs indicate a power increase but without them being dyno'd same day, same dyno, it's impossible to know.
You can see the GT Is slightly lower if you look at pics.

Lotus says the 400 has 400hp minimum. Most dyno around 406hp

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts

There is no GT-specific service notes. It's all Series 2 Evoras, with a few model-specific notes here and there. The GTs should follow along with the Sport 410, GT410 Sport, and GT430 things, except for things like the Ohlins TTXs, different bumpers, etc.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I daily my GT 9 ish months a year, love it.

reason I went with the GT over the 400 are as follows

- wanted carbon roof/hatch, when I was shopping there weren’t many carbon optioned 400’s around and the ones that were available, were approx $10k less then a GT

- I prefer the back end of the GT and also like the looks of the front arches and some of the interior carbon stuff

- as stated above price was so close, I thought the GT was worth the extra $$$.

I was told the 400 and GT’s have different tunes, however as mentioned elsewhere in this thread I bet the difference between them is minimal.

I purchased barge boards to hopefully reduce the amount of stuff that gets throw up the side of my GT. Haven’t got around to having them installed yet

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
130 Posts
I feel like the key to dailying an Evora is to have another vehicle too. (I know, I know, are you really dailying it then?)
My situation: my youngest is still a pre-license teen that needs taxi'd around. I seem to always find myself needing to transport things that wouldn't fit in a sportscar. I live in the midwest where winter just...sucks. Also, I like to trailer my cars here and there (for example, trailering the Evora down to the Dragon area next weekend). So, I will always likely have a 4x4 truck. A nice sports car just isn't practical for the job.
But, on the days where I can make a car work for whereever I'm going, the Evora never fails to be fun.
Mike

·
Registered
449 Posts
Owned my 21 GT for a year and a half. Currently at 24k, 26+k by next week. Driven cross country and numerous times up and down the east coast, 12+ tracks and it's my daily. Kids (3 and 5 year old) comfortably ride in it every day with Pico wayb seats.

I keep the factory wheels and tires in the garage for nearby track days and am about to replace my PS4S's on my current set of wheels.

So to answer your question, yes. You can daily it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts