The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Absolutely and highly recommend a professional paint correction followed by ceramic coating. The car’s finish really “pops”, stays cleaner longer, is easier to clean once dirty and sheds water like nobody’s business.

DO NOT use anything but a ceramic based/compatible spray for subsequent touch ups and detailing. Using anything that’s a wax or wax based will eventually fill the tiny grooves/valleys that give the ceramic coating its hydrophobic property.

This is per a professional detailer and the guy who did my ceramic coatings.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Interesting yeah... the shop that installed my PPF (Premier in Fremont, CA) sold a specific cleaner to clean and “shine” the ceramic-coated PPF.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had PPF (Diamond Shield) on the front of my last motor home, purchase back in 2008.

i thought the PPF would not just protect the paint from chips/scratches but make cleaning bugs off so much easier. I was totally wrong with making it easier to keep clean, became a total PITA. If bugs were not cleaned off often (12ft 10 in tall by 8ft 6in wide) it’s quite the bug catcher, not keeping up left marks in the PPF. After putting a coat of wax on the PPF, made it 100x easier to keep clean. Thus I could totally see what ceramic coating over PPF in the evora would be best,

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
This stuff works great on PPF, especially the edges that residual wax or polish

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sounds like a good poduct; would it take the place of claying? No comment on its' ability to remove embedded contaminants as claying, and may be best used in conjunction for final prep? Nice if would replace clayiing!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts