The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus Cars US has posted GT on Facebook its a sign in for information.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
I think the first two press cars were supposed to arrive Stateside on the 7th.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
All I’m seeing is the two pics of the GT logo. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I tried to find it too, but no luck (I also don't have FB, so that may contribute)

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Not like Lotus are idiots, I think?? HERE IS YOUR SOURCE OF FOLKS SHOWING INTEREST!!!! Facedbook is for losers.....here is where you inform your enthusiasts!!

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Not like Lotus are idiots, I think?? HERE IS YOUR SOURCE OF FOLKS SHOWING INTEREST!!!! Facedbook is for losers.....here is where you inform your enthusiasts!!
Can you translate that for me?

Reactions: bigbird06815

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lotus posted on the open feed, thus it would reach millions more people than are already Lotus owners on this forum.

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

You need to click the Logo and up pops a form to input contact information. I immediately got emails and calls from Austin dealership & Lotus Customer Service, Simon is working the night shift to handle the US inquiries from the UK. Only problem, still no digital brochure to release.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Yeah, doesn’t work for me. Oh well....anyway did Simon say if the press cars were in the country yet?

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Lotus posted on the open feed, thus it would reach millions more people than are already Lotus owners on this forum.
I'm an actual Lotus owner. I'm not on FB, and my company blocks it. Great that they are reaching millions of people. Maybe they'll sell a few that way, given that so many buyers of cars like this rely on FB for information.:facepalm

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Not just slowest but especially a fiasco when it comes to which front and rear end they were going with. The specs were changed several times including once well AFTER many had placed their order.

Truly brilliant drivers cars but they really need to get their act together on some fronts.

Reactions: Julian73

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What ARE the specs for the US car? I don't understand how people have placed orders but I can't even find specs anywhere. Why is this such a secret if they are already taking orders?
Specs were fluid, they seem to be firm now, but not all released; but even today this posting jumped the gun, the first one provided a link to collect your info (which now seems to have been removed). I then very promptly got emails from factory and local dealer along with phone calls from both. However the dealer was kept out of the loop thinking I was inquiring on a 400. While the factory rep was very courteous and confirmed spec's that I though were static, asked forgiveness that digital brochures were not yet available.

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What ARE the specs for the US car? I don't understand how people have placed orders but I can't even find specs anywhere. Why is this such a secret if they are already taking orders?
Early adopter orders, not mass production public orders. Did we know the specs of the new Supra before orders were being taken, no. The new Cayman GT4 is probably sold out now and few specs have been released other than power, manual trans, and side view.

Reactions: XHILR8N!

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
I don’t mean to be negative, but the ad I saw asked “Are you ready?” I think we were all ready two years ago when it was announced for the rest of the world. Slowest. Rollout. Ever.
Slowest rollout ever? Not even close. This article is dated 8/5/2008. I'm hoping to get the updated specs from my dealer soon. But I know it's a double-secret pre-order, so things are fluid. :wink2:

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/lotus-evora-convertible-to-be-launched-in-2011-ar61996.html

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
This was uploaded as an 8 sec video today. Still no more details. I was at the dealer for service the other day and drove a 400 again but they had no details other than it’s coming at some point.....

Attachments

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
I can spot a few interesting things from this image. One is that they added ugly bumpers around the license plate, kind of like how other low production cars did (just look at the Chiron). I also spot that they had to add side running lights before and after the front and rear wheels, just like standard FED Evoras, so no shock there. I find it odd that they took off the front splitter and the rear wing, but kept the louvers over the front wheels. Kind of half and half between the GT430 and the GT430 Sport.

That's what I spot. Anyone spot anything I missed?

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I can spot a few interesting things from this image. One is that they added ugly bumpers around the license plate, kind of like how other low production cars did (just look at the Chiron). I also spot that they had to add side running lights before and after the front and rear wheels, just like standard FED Evoras, so no shock there. I find it odd that they took off the front splitter and the rear wing, but kept the louvers over the front wheels. Kind of half and half between the GT430 and the GT430 Sport.

That's what I spot. Anyone spot anything I missed?
Based on video review:

Rear quarter panel window is glass, no cf panel insert. Even my 410uses a thin cf panel.

Does look like it comes with the Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires; these were deleted off our US 410's

Rear diffuser is all metal like Euro GT's rather than our metal/plastic version on the 410's

1 - 20 of 39 Posts