The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Theres a lot to like - I can live with the bumperettes the later Elises had them too (after he original exemption ran out in 06) so it's obviously to do with US bumper requirements. I'd like to know what front bumper it has - a 400/410 or a GT410/430 style one.

I originally liked the GTE style license plate/reversing light set up but kinda like the 400 version better now. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person.

·
Happy To Be Here
813 Posts
Theres a lot to like - I can live with the bumperettes the later Elises had them too (after he original exemption ran out in 06) so it's obviously to do with US bumper requirements. I'd like to know what front bumper it has - a 400/410 or a GT410/430 style one.

I originally liked the GTE style license plate/reversing light set up but kinda like the 400 version better now. I guess I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person.
Oh no, if the Gator image is correct, it has the 400/410 nose. :crying: I really want that GT410/430 nose in the states. This must be why this took so long...

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
356 Posts
Afternoon all!

Been far too long since I've posted here. Nearly had a few anxiety attacks not being able to answer and follow up with a few folks. :) Hope everyone is well! Now that the cat is out of the bag, if you have any questions about the GT, let me know and will gladly try to answer them publicly! Our first cars are to hit port today!

Have a great day!

-Brian

·
Registered
826 Posts
I am still curious to see what the actual delivered GTs have with regard to weight specifications, tires, and drivetrain tune. The 410 Sport specifications that were available when I ordered my car a couple years ago ended up quite different from the marketing details that my dealer had at the time. The GT looks like it will be a nice package, but I don’t see enough differences to make me want to part with my Evora 410!

·
Supporting Vendor
356 Posts
Morning all,

I know not everyone follows us on FB, so here's the info! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

$96,950 + $1,995 destination

Many options come standard over the previous Evora 400!

0-60 mph // 3.8 manual
0-60 mph // 3.9 auto

The following items come as standard:

416bhp (CARB)
6-speed manual with LSD
Baffled sump
Carbon sills
Carbon instrument binnacle
New aero vents above front wheels
New aero A-panels
New carbon fiber rear end
Lightweight 10-spoke forged (10.5" rear) wheels
Carbon Seat backs
Black Pack
Rear stone guards in black
Bilstein sports dampers
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 XL
Cruise Control
Reversing Camera
Premium Infotainment with Apple Car Play
Revised lightweight interior

EVORA SILVER / BLACK W/ RED STRIPE SEATS - 6-SPEED MANUAL - COMING SOON!

ISOTOPE GREEN / BLACK - 6-SPEED MANUAL - COMING SOON!

If you would like more information or would like to commission your own Evora GT, please contact [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
416?

A few questions. The GT 430 and 430 Sport are not shown as cars in the Evora model range in any country. I assume this is because this is considered a limited edition? Or because they are already out of production in other countries? Several articles point to a total of 60 cars worldwide. In addition, in older articles, e.g., from 2017 and 2018, the auto was rated at 1/10 second faster than the manual, but the cars were also rated at 430 BHP. If the US cars are rated at 416, is the slightly lower HP and the LSD responsible for the manual being faster in the US than the auto?

As with the 410, which turned out to also be 400 in the US, I guess we are really looking at 416, based on the below.

416bhp (CARB)
6-speed manual with LSD

·
Illegal Alien
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So Lotus Cars USA is stating the GT weighs 3099 lbs (with full Carbon Pack), and based on other laden weights for the US market, this should be wet car - full gas tank.

Lotus claims E 400 weight is 3175 lbs, So not bad a 76 lb weight savings,

For comparison two of us have weighed out Sport 410's; mine is a GP Edition with options of +Radio (no SW), +PPF, + Sound Proofing and Ti Exhaust, the other is a very rare Orange (non GP car) ordered bare: that is no radio, no PPF, no sound proofing but also no 22 lbs saving Ti exhaust. Both our cars with weights adjusted to full fuel tanks, and corrects for other **** we have either added or deleted come to an average of 3081 lbs +/- 1 lb .. sounds like the GT got heavier.

BUT we have a Li battery which its rumored the GT doesn't, as delivered. Really hungry for weight savings, get the GT with Ti exhaust option and order the Li Battery (or install your own) and take 46 lbs off, getting weight to 3053 lbs on a very nicely outfitted car still with factory radio, SW, black pack, PPF.

Now I need to find 28 more pounds to take off my car.

·
Illegal Alien
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
GT does not have a lithium battery.
I knew it wasn't standard, nor on the purchase order list but the car could/should be fitted with one post-delivery, will save at least 24 lbs. and get it below the weight of my Sport 410 which is 3078 lbs right now, with my removable track harness bar removed.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
400 vs GT

Now that the specs are posted in the US site, I can answer my own question as to why the auto is now slower:

400 man hp/torque 400/302
400 auto hp/torque 400/302

GT man hp/torque 416/317
GT auto hp/torque 416/295

I guess the question is why?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Our local dealer has a couple 2+0 Evora GT models with 6-speed manual and titanium exhausts on order. One black and one silver. I will try to get some snapshots when they arrive. I believe both were ordered for stock, not for specific buyers. The GTs that I have seen listed at various dealers look like a good value for what you get.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts