1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Is this the new Evora platform based car Lotus has been talking about??
doubt it... from what I've heard about the new project based on the Evora platform will follow the design style of the Evija and use a hybrid engine...

·
Registered
132 Posts
doubt it... from what I've heard about the new project based on the Evora platform will follow the design style of the Evija and use a hybrid engine...
I wonder when we'll start to hear about that one. I had hoped they'd make some announcements at the Geneva Motor Show, but when I checked the Geneva MS's website Lotus wasn't listed as an exhibitor.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
My info came from someone at Lotus UK who calls me occassionaly to help me find an Evora... we got talking at length one day and got on the topic of Lotus's "V6 Days" in case I can make it to Hethel this year - and he mentioned those were "on hold" at the time so they could do the dynamic testing of the Evija and new project. and he shared some info about the new project... and I was thinking that he said it would be revealed at Geneva this year...

·
Registered
6,494 Posts
Yet another Evora.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
This looks to just be a cheapened european GT410 Sport, despeced to 400 rear wing and hatch, 400 interior, non TTX dampers .. no impact on the US GT

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
The article suggests it was the other way 'round, i.e., the spec of the US 400 appears to have influenced the new 410. Funny!

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
The article suggests it was the other way 'round, i.e., the spec of the US 400 appears to have influenced the new 410. Funny!
Except
They are still offering the more hardened GT410 Sport ... with the carbon rear, carbon roof .. etc and sportier suspension (I did misread that Sport has TTX's, they are still an option only, otherwise the stock is the Sport version of the Bilsteins, thus leaving the non Sport GT410 with the 400 shocks. This line up is similar to the US where the GT can be spec'ed from basically a 400 but with the updated rear bumper up to nearly a 430

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
It's because Lotus makes two whole variations of the one car they sell in the Evora range in the UK. Now, if they simplified things, like Porsche does, and offered nine variations of the same car, it would be much simpler, indeed! :) Why, in the US, we get one Evora version (excluding 400s still for sale), whereas, with the 911, we must make do with only 27 variations!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Teasing us with candy we can't have again...…….

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Except

They are still offering the more hardened GT410 Sport ... with the carbon rear, carbon roof .. etc and sportier suspension (I did misread that Sport has TTX's, they are still an option only, otherwise the stock is the Sport version of the Bilsteins, thus leaving the non Sport GT410 with the 400 shocks. This line up is similar to the US where the GT can be spec'ed from basically a 400 but with the updated rear bumper up to nearly a 430
I’m sure there are plenty of folks at Lotus that do not know the ins and outs of these variations as well as you do Julian. Impressive.

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Julian obviously studies all of these brouchures while on his throne!! It is an efficient way of packing in more information...gotta make room.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts