The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An Austin Team will be racing the Evora GX at the Laguna Seca race. The Team is racing Laguna to grandfather into next years combined series where it will be campaigned. The car is stunning with sequential shift and cosworth modified motor.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My dad and I make the trip to the Daytona 24 every year. It would would be awesome to see an Evora run this year!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Scott Dollahite who owns the GX Evora raced the 24 hours this year in a GT3 Porsche. They are gearing up to make a serious run next year in the new combined class but will be allowed to make enhancements to this car. If anyone goes by the pits, check out the Lotus tool chests.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They were in second ahead of the Cayman when a clutch/shifting problem took them out for 18 laps but got back in the race and were running competitive lap times with the leader toward the end. This is a car with very little development time in it's first race and there is a lot of room for improvement. The owner raced Ferrari 333s in the past and currently owns a 458Challenge car and an LMP2 car and he said the Lotus is going to be fast.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yes before the transmission issue the car was looking very good. It was fun to see an Evora on the track and that black/gold livery was great.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Thanks for the link to the flickr pics. Some nice shots there. Car looks really good. Precisely what Lotus needs.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
This was good to see, we watched with much apprehension, not the greatest start but its a start. I thought it was Ross at first! Ha!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Alex Job Racing, who ran two Evoras in ALMS - and gave it up because of the merger and lack of funding from Lotus, felt the Evora was a fantastic car, but needed development. THe biggest factor holding it back was the engine. This was for two reason. Primarily it is a long stroke engine. Most race engines are large bore and short stroke. Development of the engine was limited, Lotus would have had to offer a special engine to customers inorder to get it homologated for racing. SOmehwere recently I saw that another manufacturer does just that (I can't remember who?) but they charge something like $50k for each engine and require that a customer purchase two - sopretty much only race teams buy them.

Is there any info - like a web site - on the team that is running their GX and their plans for the future?

·
Registered
255 Posts
With GX going away, the car is being upgraded to GT Daytona specs for 2014.
It will be interesting to see how they get this done. To be competitive with current GTDs they'll need to make somewhere approaching 450hp. Hope USCR approves an engine solution for them to run GTD. The car had plenty of stick in the corners vs its GX competitors; just needs more grunt 😎

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 30 Posts