The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
They are working with Cosworth to get the extra HP for GTD. They put this deal together literally weeks before Laguna. The car had 0 race time and development but by the end of the race was turning competitive lap times. It's my understanding that the ALMS cars will be slowed down next year so the difference in power needed may not be that great.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Great pics. I was there but never seemed to get a decent picture of the Evora. I was too busy trying to find my son. After awhile it wasn't difficult. I would just go to the Continental or Mazda booths and there he would be. I wonder why ...

Great weekend though. The Evora did look really good and managed to qualify Second! Still couldn't believe that I didn't see ONE other Lotus there.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Our son at Lotus paddock, Petit LeMans last year

image.jpg

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hopefully this car is not as half assed as the rest of lotuses racing efforts ahem Alex job racing and Indy...

I bet it will be already breaking down....

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
It seemed very stable abd reliable all weekend until the actual race. I think taking it out at the end of the season for a shakedown shows team quality! Next year they will start out far ahead of the curve!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The car owner and Lotus have decided to race an entirely new Evora designed for the new series instead of modifying the GX.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Can you comment as to what car that is? If I had to guess, are they just resorting to using a modified GTE which is what they ran in ALMS a couple of years ago?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
i take that as a happy hint that Lotus is being more involved with this go around? I look forward to the best for the team

21 - 30 of 30 Posts