The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
British Motor Car Distributors (BMCD) held an impromptu event for their Lotus customers and they had this as a nice treat:

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
Went to see it in person. Not a fan of the color. The interior is definitely as others have mentioned. The car left me a bit cold, actually.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Awwwww missed it :(

Non test car... doesnt look US spec either... show car?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe this is Aquamarine, a new color for the Evora. It truly is stunning in person, and these photos do not do it justice (much like many of the Lotus colors).

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That one is a "prototype", so it probably still needs some slight tweaks to meet gov. regs.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...that is very pretty...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Damn, and I was wandering the city all day today. Any idea if it will be there tomorrow?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No idea Spudboy, wouldn't hurt to call them in the morning though...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Did not have the chance to see the car in person but from the pictures I have still too many doubts about the front of the car. The rear is stunning but those front lights remind me of some japanese sport cars.
Hope the Esprit will not miss a perfect balance between front and rear!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Definitely not a US spec car. According to the factory guys, the dead giveaway is the goofy side reflectors in the fenders. No other country needs those. LHD... well, most of the world has that except for former British colonies and the UK.

I saw an Evora at Hethel yesterday in that color, and I really liked it. I suppose the Evora is going to be a love it or hate it kind of car. The biggest complaint I have heard over here is that it is not as fast as it could (or should) be...

All the Evoras being built on the factory floor that I saw were destined for English or Continental customers, didn't see any US versions. So it may be some time before they show up at home.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll post the rest of the photo set later today when I get a chance to shrink them...maybe one of them will give a better perspective so the front doesn't look so long. The Evora looks much different in person, it doesn't photograph well for some reason.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Definitely not a US spec car. According to the factory guys, the dead giveaway is the goofy side reflectors in the fenders. No other country needs those. LHD... well, most of the world has that except for former British colonies and the UK.

I wonder how Japan and Thailand would react to being called "former British colonies" :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is the Geneva show car that is being driven around the Monterey Car Week. It was at the Carmel Concours on the Avenue and is currently at the Quail in Carmel Valley. Will be on the upper lawn at Pebble Beach on Sunday.
Great color and is very impressive in person. I sat in it last night and everything feels right.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Damn it! I leave SF for a week, and the Evora visits. ;)

Any idea whether it'll still be in the area next week?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts