The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm sure its not just you, but I appreciate how the car looks while not implementing aggressive angled/square design of the current era.

Personally, my favorite Lotus design is S1 Exige followed by S2 Elise and Esprit (x180) and my least favorite is S2 Exige S (I love the car, and want to own one, but just like I don't like my Mazda Miata Speed's design, car wants to look too racy and serious despite its inherit "cuteness" that makes the whole design messy imo)

But My Vora is def ugly with wraps falling off and cone marks all over the place but its "RACE CAMRY" at my heart so whatever!

·
Banned
2007 Exige S
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it’s just a strange look to me personally. Almost like you said Camry like. Just my opinion. The new evija is also very interesting and I like the look of that more then the Evora.

·
Registered
176 Posts
LOL, let me bring this thread back on topic...

I agree, I think the early N/A Evoras look big and round. But I also think the later 400's and GT's look great, especially in the right color. With the black pack they look menacing!

I would love to have one one day but it will have to be in addition to my Elise since I can't bring myself to sell her :sneaky:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Snapped at Galpin not too long ago. Again, I think the current lines of the GT together with the black pack are very nice to look at, like junior McLaren. I would actually take this over a McLaren because 3 pedals are infinitely more exciting.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I can see how people think the lines of the early Evora are too soft, especially if looking at pictures.... not so much in person. The later 400's and GT I think people generally like the look of better. I myself like all of them, just wish it had a targa top (that fit in the car when it was off, unlike my Elise)

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is how I feel the Evora should have looked
Differing opinions are great, especially in the world of cars because there's so much to choose from! That design looks too much like a Lamborghini for my tastes. I prefer it to be a little more understated.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
This is how I feel the Evora should have looked

View attachment 1272478
Oh, I remember this one. It's based off the K1 Attack kit car. To each their own tastes, of course. I really like the first gen Evoras. The 400+ versions look great, too. I just prefer the first iteration.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
144 Posts
They definitely would have moved a fair amount had they ever brought out the promised roadster version, be it hard or soft top. I know several people who stick with the Elise over the Evora simply because of the lack of a removable top

·
Registered
373 Posts
They definitely would have moved a fair amount had they ever brought out the promised roadster version, be it hard or soft top. I know several people who stick with the Elise over the Evora simply because of the lack of a removable top
There is a guy who made his Evora a targa top by simply cutting the top off and adding some rubber seals and some clamps...actually looked like a good job of it. I wonder what happens with the flex of car around corners with top off when you do that though. Being a targa vs convertible and the chassis design it actually might be just fine.

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
119 Posts
it's not just u, but not just u is wrong congrats

·
Registered
357 Posts
So I have had mixed opinions where I think the evora looks amazing and not. HOWEVER, in the flesh or driving in or around them like on a rally or mountain drive, they actually look amazing. I think the Evora does not photograph that well, it is a car to appreciate in the flesh, it definitely has more a supercar look. The Elise also has the same problem. These cars have to be seen in the flesh to really see how the design pops.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts