Thought I would share my experience today adding a kay/fob to the one I received when I got the car. I followed these instructions:
Overall a very easy job in my opinion. My only note is that, for me at least, adding the new one disabled my old one even though it's supposed to hold 6. I can't say if it's an error in the code or the wording of the instructions. But my advice is that while you're there, re-add any existing fobs. It's just a click of a button on each fob after you've entered the pin."Two transmitter fobs are provided with the new car. If one transmitter is lost or damaged, a replacement should be obtained immediately, and programmed to the car alarm controller using the alarm system’s unique specific Identification Number (PIN). A maximum of 6 transmitters may be programmed to the car, any thereafter overwriting the first to have been programmed.
- With the engine immobilised (tell tale flashes briefly once per second), turn on the ignition.
- Enter the PIN as detailed in the emergency disarming process below, followed by the additional two digits 1, 1.
- The tell tale will flash rapidly for one second, then turn off.
- Within 8 seconds, press any button on the transmitter to be programmed. The tell tale will then pulse rapidly and the siren will beep.
- Within 10 seconds press any button on the next transmitter to be programmed (if applicable), and repeat this process for all remaining transmitters.
- When all transmitters have been programmed, wait for 10 seconds, or turn off the ignition.
To disable a lost or stolen transmitter from the system, use the above procedure to programme 6 transmitters, if necessary repeatedly reprogramming the same transmitter if less than 6 programmed transmitters are to be used.
If the key transmitter is damaged or fails to function, and a spare key is not available, the alarm system’s unique sPecific Identification Number (PIN) may be used to disarm the alarm provided that access is available to the cabin:
- Turn on the ignition. The alarm tell tale will light.
- If the alarm is armed, accessing the cabin, or turning on the ignition will trigger the alarm until completion
of this emergency process.
- Within 10 seconds, turn the ignition off; the tell tale will begin to flash.
- After a number of flashes corresponding to the first digit of the PIN, turn on the ignition. Note that the first flash may not be of full duration (but is still to be counted) dependent on the waveform position at time of ignition switch off. Note that 10 flashes correspond to a zero digit.
- Turn off the ignition and after a number of flashes corresponding to the second digit of the PIN, turn on the ignition. Repeat this process until all 5 digits have been completed. If, at any stage of the process, a number is entered incorrectly, the system will immediately revert to the start, so that the whole PIN must be re-entered.
- If the PIN is entered correctly, the alarm will now be overridden and the engine mobilised. However, automatic immobilisation will still occur after an ignition off time of 40 seconds, requiring a repeat of the above procedure to mobilise.
Note that automatic re-arming of the alarm and automatic door locking cannot occur until a working transmitter is used to operate the alarm."