The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted on the Evora forum:
The Motor Show car goes on tour - Evora Forum

So, it's possible the Evora may also make arounds in U.S dealerships after it appears at a U.S. autoshow? Will the Evora make it's U.S. debute at the LA autoshow in Dec/Jan?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
This was posted on the Evora forum:
The Motor Show car goes on tour - Evora Forum

So, it's possible the Evora may also make arounds in U.S dealerships after it appears at a U.S. autoshow? Will the Evora make it's U.S. debute at the LA autoshow in Dec/Jan?
Allan, the plans are to pass the Evora around to dealers in the U.S. AFTER the Los Angeles Auto Show which will start a week before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, there will be no test drives on "this Evora" :shrug:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The M100 made the rounds of dealers in late '90 as I had placed an order and took a good look at it then. It had the European nose, US was longer and the rear wing break was different from the US version.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allan, the plans are to pass the Evora around to dealers in the U.S. AFTER the Los Angeles Auto Show which will start a week before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, there will be no test drives on "this Evora" :shrug:
Thanks Abe. Maybe someone can post the schedule so we can follow the Evora as it goes from dealer to dealer like a bunch of groupies?

And when you say test drives, do you mean by customers or dealer owners? ;)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The M100 made the rounds of dealers in late '90 as I had placed an order and took a good look at it then. It had the European nose, US was longer and the rear wing break was different from the US version.
Lotus also did that with the Elise back in December 2003. I had a chance to test drive a Euro Elise with the Rover engine at Scottsdale Lotus. Truth is, it almost made me cancel my order since it was beat up pretty badly and had seen better days. I came away for the test drive with more doubts.

It's much better to test drive a car that is representative of what you're really getting. Probably why this Evora is not set up for test drives. I guess Lotus is still fine tunning it a bit.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts