The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all.

I've been swithering whether to change the Evora for a while now, and after trying pretty much everything under the sun, I think I've decided i'll aim for an R8 Spyder. A good bit out my budget just now so I'm thinking about a few select mods for the Evora in the meantime. Any thoughts would be handy :)

What I'm considering is a better Sub/Amp combo, the OEM one just isn't beefy enough. Is this an easy change? Do I need a slim sub?

I've booked in for a decat

Alcantara/Suede steering wheel - is this possible? Does the GTE or MY12 have this? Can they be ordered as a part? (bibs?) or retrim the current one? If I was to go this route I'd probably trim a few bits on the interior.

Heated seats? Even a remote possibility? Or not..

I'm still considering the alloy change but not found anything I like that fits.

Cheers

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
audio upgrade can be done and should be done. You will need a slim sub or it will bottom out against your rear quarter panel. I Have doen alot of audio upgrades with previous cars, but let the pros do the job on my Evora. Whole system replacement(Pioneer HU, Morel speakers, Arc amp, Kenwood sub, and Kenwood backup camera installed for under $5k). Speaker cost was more then half the total
Had my Headliner and door pulls done in SuedeTex for under $1k. A good trim shop should be able to fix you up. Do not suggest doing it yourself unless you have a good deal of experience with headliner work.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Heated seats are not that hard if your car is pre wired. Check with the dealer and they can check based on your VIN number. If you have the wiring then you'll just need the switch and new seats with the system built in. Honestly these seats are so expensive that by the time you're done I think you'll be 3 or 4k invested in that upgrade. There are so many other fun mods you can do with minimal cost to make this car fun and make it sound better than r8. I personally love the R8 and I'm thinking of buying one in couple of years once they have the etron version out but I'll never give up the Evora. Specially now that I'm supercharging the car it shouldn't have any problem keeping up with an R8 v8.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my car definately isn't pre wired for the heaters. It would be replacement seats.

Any recommendations on a sub/amp?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah my car definately isn't pre wired for the heaters. It would be replacement seats.

Any recommendations on a sub/amp?
Spend that money on a new exhaust and Radium CAI, then you'll have the best driving soundtrack around :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I can't say enough for the exhaust/CAI route. I also Dyno'ed it and found that it can do a significant difference in hp. 270 @ the wheels with free flowing (read this no muffler :p)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting a Decat fitted Thursday.. Still not sure on the CAI route as I'm not sure I like the sound of it. I really need to hear one in the flesh

·
Registered
396 Posts
As a very recent buyer, I can recommend the Difflow as well. Initially based upon pictures I wasn't sure I really wanted one. However, I can say in person they look MUCH better than the pictures. I am very glad I opted for one. It really adds a nice aggressive touch to the rear - plus all that aerodynamic stuff :)

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
As a very recent buyer, I can recommend the Difflow as well. Initially based upon pictures I wasn't sure I really wanted one. However, I can say in person they look MUCH better than the pictures. I am very glad I opted for one. It really adds a nice aggressive touch to the rear - plus all that aerodynamic stuff :)
+1 to this.

I have had many people who know jack-diddly-squat about cars or aerodynamic specifics point out the Difflow and ask about it or mention how much they like it. Ohh and I LIKE it as well :)

:shift:

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Difflow Diffuser!

qu1Z-- As you know how effective your rear diffusers are, would it be possible if you could create a matching front splitter solution to offset the increased rear downforce?

Our cars are tuned precisely for optimal handling right off the assembly line, and I am now seeing lots of mods coming for the Evora that will have a negative effect on the car's balance weight and grip, as most of these upgrade include significant weight reduction.

·
Registered
396 Posts
R8 spider?

Bleech. So ugly. Get the coupe.
QFT - but this goes for practically all cars offered in coupe and spider/cabriolet. Coupe almost always looks better.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Difflow Diffuser!

qu1Z

I need Evora pictures with the diffuser mounted. Pictures needed. Back of the car looking down from the bumper & rear wing. Side Angle view. All the pictures taken are the lower part. I need angles higher up, if I was walking around the car(I call it True View) ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive. Pics of my newly installed diffuser from my eye level (5'8").

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I recall the following exchange regarding my difflow diffuser:

<in a restaurant parking lot>
stiffler's mom: nice car
me: thanks
old lady: What are those things?
me: what things?
old lady: those fins
me: that's called a diffuser
old lady: oh a diffuser.. what's a diffuser? (to her teenage son with her)
son: beats me!
old lady: so what's it do?
me: beats me!
old lady: so, uh, what do you do? (lighting up a virginia slim)
me: <getting uncomfortable> I work in software.
old lady: software! See, you need to get a job in software (to her son wandering around my car)
old lady: leans in and whispers to me--I bet you get lotsa p*ssy with that thing!
me: ummm. hehe okay I gotta run.. take care.
old lady: <chuckles> scared ya away didn't I?
me: <getting in my car> hehe yeah
old lady: just kiddin' honey...
me: take care

·
Registered
498 Posts
I recall the following exchange regarding my difflow diffuser:

<in a restaurant parking lot>
stiffler's mom: nice car
me: thanks
old lady: What are those things?
me: what things?
old lady: those fins
me: that's called a diffuser
old lady: oh a diffuser.. what's a diffuser? (to her teenage son with her)
son: beats me!
old lady: so what's it do?
me: beats me!
old lady: so, uh, what do you do? (lighting up a virginia slim)
me: <getting uncomfortable> I work in software.
old lady: software! See, you need to get a job in software (to her son wandering around my car)
old lady: leans in and whispers to me--I bet you get lotsa p*ssy with that thing!
me: ummm. hehe okay I gotta run.. take care.
old lady: <chuckles> scared ya away didn't I?
me: <getting in my car> hehe yeah
old lady: just kiddin' honey...
me: take care
You got to love those old California hippie's:eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts