The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone new member here,

I am from Europe and I have the opportunity to buy N/A car for 36K and S model for 42K, is S worth the difference since I would upgrade the supercharger at KomoTec anyway? Lurking here I noticed that S has updated clutch/suspension and ARB but how much would it be to upgrade N/A car to the same spec?

I gave up on 400 because older Evora is more comfortable and I would use the car as a (semi) daily for trips etc. I know older cars don't have LSD but I would fit one at KomoTec.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’d buy an N/A and the BOE supercharger kit, plus your other upgrades. That kit makes more than 500 whp. It is an intercooled kit too.
I think the S might need an intercooler to make 450 hp as well, so you’d want to factor that in, if that is the case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have very bad experience with ordering stuff from USA to Europe(especially big stuff), never mind the cost. Also I don't have anyone around here who would know how to install it then there is a question of warranty etc.

·
Registered
2011 Evora S, 2017 BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
208 Posts
If you are going to replace the SC anyway then buy the NA it will be less expensive in the long run. No reason to pay for a SC and then throw it away. That is if the cars are similar in wear and tear.

·
Registered
823 Posts
In the US, the S comes fully loaded with all options, except for the folding mirrors; but you can buy a used cheap part and you have a folding mirrors. I believe the S also come with other internal upgrades. But I agreed with "Road Aviator" - ask Komotech for their suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts