The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Evora '10
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Searched but no clear engine mount torque spec. See question posted a lot. Looking for Passenger side engine mount torque specs, any actual reference out there? Manuals sorta show for 2nd generation mounts but a different mount from S1. The 2009 manual has no reference.

·
Evora '10
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Close... I believe #23 is for the S2 style mount. I have the earlier, 2010, S1 engine mount. That is what I'm trying to find. There are ~5 bolts to the engine block. Fortunately you can get the other mount torques from this reference.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Yeah, the 2009 manual states "refer to the following torque listing" and then doesn't give the torque values.

Sorry it didn't help....

·
Evora '10
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumping to still seeing if anyone has the S1 RH mount torque specs. This one...

I did find the S2 mount torques in an Exige service manual (section TDP) and similar reference in Evora Service manual B132T0327D/12/07, July 2012 (same torque numbers). Reasonable to map these over to S1 I guess. The insulator to subframe is 47NM (not mentioned in this diagram)

For completeness, the Toyota No1 Engine mount bracket RH, the Toyota 2GR-FE manual shows below. Found in the Toyota 2GR FE 1000 page service manual (AVTO 0566 pdf - sienna or camry) which has everything about the engine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I did find the S2 mount torques in an Exige service manual (section TDP) and similar reference in Evora Service manual B132T0327D/12/07, July 2012 (same torque numbers). Reasonable to map these over to S1 I guess.
That's totally reasonable and I've done it similar estimation often. You can also reason about what torque is appropriate from the fastener. I do it often, but I'm not qualified to give recommendations.

donour

1 - 6 of 6 Posts