The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been discussed previously. Does anyone know what ECU is being used on the Evora? Is this a modified toyota ECU or?

Wondering what options are available is I want to do my own ECU mapping.

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
The ECU is from Lotus, that is why there are so few tuners and the price for a flash is terrible. Not to mention the $500 for the cable to put the $800 flash in your ECU plus they "lock" the cable/software to your ECU all this and no datalogging or mil code reading....... I sure miss having the open source free software and a reasonable priced cable for tuning my EVO.
I keep asking tactrix for help maybe if more Lotus owners spoke with him we might get something http://www.tactrix.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Duck

On the same subject , I am looking for a electrical pin up diagram for an 2010 Evora , I fried my ECU and want to run some tests on the wires . any help will be much appreciated .

·
Registered
618 Posts
Duck, the shop manual, including wiring diagrams, is available online here. You can download the information you need after you subscribe, and subscriptions can be as short as 24 hours. There are probably other places online where you can find "free" (i.e. pirated) copies of the shop manual.

Once you have the diagrams in hand, you'll see that each wire that connects to the ECU is mapped to a specific pin in the connector.

Anything more detailed than that is going to have to come from bench work. Good luck.

.... and of course we're all curious how you "fried" the ECU. That's not easy to do!

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
756 Posts
the 400 manual has a page of just the pin outs. The s1 you have to flip thru all the pages to match the pins. Kinda annoying

Reactions: West-of-Hethel
1 - 8 of 8 Posts