The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Marchie
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have always dreamed of owning an exotic. While living in Japan several years ago, I visited an exotic car dealer in downtown Tokyo. I was given the opportunity to test drive a 2001 Lotus Esprit and a Lotus Elise. The love affair began. 3 years ago, the serious search began. I have always been more of a classic, or vintage car kind of guy. My dream lotus was a Europa. I found one on line for sale in San Diego. My wife and I decided to take a trip there from Seattle to give it a look. Its condition was way over hyped online, and we were very disappointed. We then decided to go to the Lotus dealer and look at a 2005 Elise. At the dealer, I got my first glimpse at a 2017 Lotus Evora 400. Oh my God! was all that would come out of my mouth. It was absolutely gorgeous. $109,000 was way more than I was planning on paying for a new car, but the I, from that point on, forgot completely about the Europa. I started my search again. I found a 2011 Evora S in Phoenix about 3 months ago. Luckily, my good friend happened to be in Phoenix at the time. I had him go and check out the car. With his approval, I wired some money to the seller, and my brother and I flew to Phoenix to go get it. We drove the Pacific coast all the way from Los Angeles to Washington State. On that drive, we found a few little quirks. Nothing major, and I kind of expected it. After researching Lotus Talk during my search, I knew I would be in for a challenge owning one of these. Over the last 3 months I have uncovered several issues that need to be address. Looking for advice on this Forum for each of these issues has been extremely helpful. I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts