The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always wanted a exige but after looking at the evora ,which didn't impress me much but started to grow on me anyone have had both, opinions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, I had an elise rover vvc, an exige 240 pp and now I have an evora Na...

I think the best one, for me, was the elise... my first love!!! the exile was too fast for me, I'm not an f1 driver, so I can't capitalize on it
The evora is the perfect daily driver car, you can drive from home to work without problem and go to a track day... now I'm 38 and it's perfect for me

the engine of the evora na (280 hp) will not shock you, like the exile's one but it's quite good, the 250 hp I think is better... the best thing to have is the short gearbox (I have the normal one), I think this gearbox could change the soul of the car, but if you drive for a long time in highway, the 6th gear is too short and with a serious exhaust it could be annoying...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Always wanted a exige but after looking at the evora ,which didn't impress me much but started to grow on me anyone have had both, opinions?
I think it depends if you want more of a raw track car (Exige) or more of a grand tourer (Evora).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an 08 240 Exige and a NA 2011 Evora...they really are completely different cars...I tend to lean towards driving the Evora more (due to the refinement) and when going long stretches without driving the Exige, I have even contemplated selling it...that is until I get behind the wheel…there is just something about the Exige…it has that raw sports car feel…just driving it around the block gets me grinning from ear to ear…the car is an absolute blast…words really cannot do it justice…that being said, you really need to test drive both and decide what you’re looking for…a race car for the street or a touring car that corners like it’s on rails…you can’t really make a wrong choice…both cars are amazing!

·
Registered
795 Posts
First question: How tall are you?
Second question: How old are you?
Third question: Are you old enough to be too tall to get in and out of an Exige?

Personally, I'd have done an Exige if I was 25 years younger and I'll damn sure drop 20 pounds if the V6 Cup ever becomes street legal in the States.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Either one! They're both great. Just depends on what you can get in/out of.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have an Exige RGB and I have to tell you it's a love/hate relationship! Rattles and squeaks galore (hate), driving excitement (love). I don't think I'll ever sell it. Of course, if someone offered an extraordinarily large sum of money, I may consider it. But, it would have to be a lot!!!!!! Bottom line, I love it so much it hurts!! Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
First-world problems: can't decide which Lotus to get... welcome to the good life, lol!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
If you're able, seriously consider both. I had an Elise and it was a masterpiece of analog witchcraft. The Evora is a stunner and easy to drive/live with, but lacking the brute craziness of the Elise, especially since my Elise was supercharged and my Evora is NA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Two completely different cars, if you want to go touring then the Evora has more comforts. But I felt my Elise was actually the more comfortable for long trips as the seating position is perfect.
The Evora can be thrown around just like an Elige, but will wear tyres and brakes much quicker due to the extra weight and higher centre of gravity.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
A fairer comparison would be the V6 Exige S against the Evora S, as they share the same engine. But, even then they are two completely different cars for different purposes.
The Evora is a GT, designed for long road trips, capable of carrying 2 people plus luggage tan comcortable enough for a long distance trip. Still, it has enough performance for an occasional track day. The Evora makes a great daily driver.
The Exige S is a different animal, designed for all out enthusiastic track performance. A long trip in the Exige S will be more tiring and luggage is another story. The Exige as a daily driver? Rather not. Its also much more embarrassing to get in or out of in front of the restaurant.
So, which one would I take? I chose the Evora because I want a daily driver and rarely get on track. Which one would I love to driver? The Exige S, preferably (someone else's) on the Nürburgring.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have both, and love both! Really are very different. Evora is a comfortable GT car, Exige is pretty much a go-kart toy, loud and fast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts