The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my 2011 evora for 2 weeks now. I am in love!

However I would like to increase the performance a bit. I haven't really seen a whole lot of performance options. I'm not looking to turbo or supercharge, but I would like to add some more ponies. Does anyone know of any chip or I take options that would help?

·
Closet Petrolhead
99 Posts
Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but you can add the Plack Edition exhaust (+11.5 hp) and Radium air intake (+21.5 hp) to boost the ponies a bit. And noise. And smiles.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
There is a chip (ECU flash actually) available. It'll cost you ~$1,300 for approximately 10hp through BOE. BOE is currently working on its own proprietary ECU tune as well that is anticipated to provide more performance over the 3rd party one they currently sell. There's also a European firm (German I think) that is working on some tuning as well.

The Plackslayer exhaust adds some power on the upper end, reduces weight by ~35 lbs., & adds a sound that is loud enough to match the looks of the car. It's also the cheapest exhaust solution other than just pulling the muffler all together & running with nothing.

A cold air intake will shed about 20 lbs over the stock airbox setup. You can get one through BOE or Radium. I have the Radium & can't honestly tell any power difference other than the car just being lighter in combination with my Plack exhaust, but it does sound really good. The BOE cold air intake sounds really good too (better than the Radium IMO).

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
So I have had my 2011 evora for 2 weeks now. I am in love!

However I would like to increase the performance a bit. I haven't really seen a whole lot of performance options. I'm not looking to turbo or supercharge, but I would like to add some more ponies. Does anyone know of any chip or I take options that would help?
Please search under evora section using words performance, and or my my forum name. A thread named "performance mods" had a lot if information. Also threads on BOE intake, limited, or 2ubular headers. Lots of information exists.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I am torn - with our new GP Edition, I want to keep it stock, but really feel it would benefit from a better exhaust...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Why bother keeping it stock? The aftermarket Evora exhausts are super-easy to install, and you can always return it to stock with no hassle. Of all of the mods I have done to my car, hands down the best bang for the buck so far has been the Larini exhaust. Completely changes the exhaust note for the better.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Why bother keeping it stock? The aftermarket Evora exhausts are super-easy to install, and you can always return it to stock with no hassle. Of all of the mods I have done to my car, hands down the best bang for the buck so far has been the Larini exhaust. Completely changes the exhaust note for the better.
I agree. If you do nothing else at least change the anemic stock exhaust with any of the available exhausts. They all sound better than stock...even the Lotus sport exhaust upgrade with the blue tips sounds a lot better. :UK:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yup I fully agree. Here's one that might convince you:

Filmed on a nice mountain cruise this Sunday, you can hear that supercharger working with that BOE cold air intake in this video

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I agree. If you do nothing else at least change the anemic stock exhaust with any of the available exhausts. They all sound better than stock...even the Lotus sport exhaust upgrade with the blue tips sounds a lot better. :UK:
+1 on the sound, of course, but they can also look better :D:

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
There is a chip (ECU flash actually) available. It'll cost you ~$1,300 for approximately 10hp through BOE. BOE is currently working on its own proprietary ECU tune as well that is anticipated to provide more performance over the 3rd party one they currently sell. There's also a European firm (German I think) that is working on some tuning as well.

The Plackslayer exhaust adds some power on the upper end, reduces weight by ~35 lbs., & adds a sound that is loud enough to match the looks of the car. It's also the cheapest exhaust solution other than just pulling the muffler all together & running with nothing.

A cold air intake will shed about 20 lbs over the stock airbox setup. You can get one through BOE or Radium. I have the Radium & can't honestly tell any power difference other than the car just being lighter in combination with my Plack exhaust, but it does sound really good. The BOE cold air intake sounds really good too (better than the Radium IMO).
20lbs??? Pray tell, where did you come up with that number?

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
I am torn - with our new GP Edition, I want to keep it stock, but really feel it would benefit from a better exhaust...
So much is reversible, but remember enjoy the car they way YOU want it, be it stock or modified.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
it's more like 1 pound, if anything.

Stock airbox isn't terribly heavy, just bulky.

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
Yeah. The stock airbox weighs about 3lbs if that.
Stock air box, filter, ducting, brackets weight is 8.7 #s BOE CAI replacement parts wright us 4# for 3.7# savings. Refer to thread on Evora Weights

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I just cleaned my ITG filter...was remarking to myself how light it was as I was about to reapply the tack spray....

Applied the tack spray per directions, and it probably added 1-2 pounds no kidding. Stuff is hefty!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Short summation list for the N/A - exhausts (many options), CAI, headers, tune. So in general, opening up the breathing on both ends.

Best would be a CAI, full exhaust (headers, downpipe, exhaust), and tune to match for the N/A. I think Koldfire is the only tune out there (might be wrong), but BOE is in the works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I went on koldfire website to look at the tune option. All they had was the wide band sensor. I didn't see anything for a tune. Is that because it's not available in the US?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts