Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
617 Posts
Reactions: donour

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
Just drove down the Tail of the Dragon again this past weekend. They happened to take photos and took a similar shot to the photo I purchased five years ago. It's cool to see how far the car has come since I had it pretty much stock for the first few years of ownership. Here are the two shots, five years apart!

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6MT
150 Posts
So, in the background I think I see (left to right)
F150, can't tell, Mercury Capri with a hardtop(??), Fiat 124, and a Fiat x19. How did I do?
Nailed it. '82 F150 Lariat, '94 Capri XR2, 74 X1/9, and a '69 124 AS Spider. Also a '94 Corvette Conv (out of view behind the Evora) and a '78 X1/9 peeking over the roof and thru the windshield of my Lotus. And that's about half of what's back there lol.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6MT
150 Posts

Trial fitting of wheels/tires went well. Before I mounted them, I took the time and did a little brake detailing by painting the rotor hub centers high heat black.
Looks much better than the rust/silver combination that was there.

I'm happy to say all tread is behind the wheel lip and no steering rub from lock to lock. I still have to put the car on the ground to confirm any issues once the suspension is loaded (fingers crossed).

On to the next concern, draining the trans and refilling with a Redline 75w90NS/75w140NS cocktail. Then it's finish removal of the scratched up 3M clear bra on the front bumper, and if it gets here in time, a replacement of the after-cat with an OEM downpipe (via gatormotorsports) to help increase a little exhaust noise on the sport valved muffler. Hopefully that combination will quell the 1st and 2nd gear tranny sounds.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Interested also, although the Beamer looks like it might have semi-slicks fitted.

·
Registered
"Girlfriend" 2011 Evora 2+2 NA / "Raven" 2014 MINI Cooper Roadster
42 Posts
Interested also, although the Beamer looks like it might have semi-slicks fitted.
They are pretty evenly matched on the street but we haven't taken them both to a track yet.
Thanks for the interest!

1401 - 1420 of 1535 Posts