6,515 Posts
They're naming it after Eva Longoria?

·
Registered
205 Posts
is this a joke? :shrug:

Dear Lotus,

Please send me some of the turnip tops you are smoking! :crazyeyes

This sort of reminds me of moments when GM officials had the official unveiling of the Pontiac Aztec..there were probably officials in attendance that when the sheet was pulled off, they exclaimed.. "Oh, bitchin', man!, we're gonna sell an assload of these an get big bonuses and promotions for our geniusness!"

:sad:

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Hmm. I've tried as many pronouncitions as I can think of and it's never very good. Eagle is WAY better than that, as is Ethos (even if Ethos doesn't really fit this car).

Hopefully the source is wrong.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Hmm... let's "leak" the name and see how people react.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Google shows it's a town in Portugal or the last name of a singer. There is a British Flag on the singers website, so maybe she is famous over there. Sort of like David Hasselhorf in Germany

Here is her site and it plays her music. Warning the music sounds aweful.

Cape Verde - Cesaria Evora - Folk singer

Maybe they will name the US version the Eminem!

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Well, actually, that would make a little bit better.

As an side, Lotus had an opportunity to have an Elise on DH but opted to instead spend their marketing dollars on Bullrun. :shrug:
What's DH?

Hmm... let's "leak" the name and see how people react.

Good point. Could be a smart move in that sense. I still think they might as well keep it the Eagle now since that's what it is known as. Another feminine name is NOT gonna help Lotus!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Maybe Evora is the Proton chairman's grand daughter's name. That would be about the best reason I can think of to pick it over the known contenders.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Google shows it's a town in Portugal or the last name of a singer. There is a British Flag on the singers website, so maybe she is famous over there. Sort of like David Hasselhorf in Germany

Here is her site and it plays her music. Warning the music sounds aweful.

Cape Verde - Cesaria Evora - Folk singer

Maybe they will name the US version the Eminem!
Cesaria Evora is not very popular over here, but certainly got her small community of fans, even though smaller than David Hasselhoff's.

If you like her music or not is a matter of taste. I know of quite a few people who like it, so "Evora" wouldn't be an improper name in Europe.

"Eminem" would be great for the US. :)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts