• Lamborghini Huracan

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pondering an upgrade; sell my Evora S and get either a 650S or Huracan (LP610). I'd love to just keep the Evora, but unfortunately I am out of garage space.
I'd love to hear what other Lotus enthusiasts think about this crazy plan!
Some of my musings on both candidate cars:
  • Will certainly look for a 2015 used model of either, to avoid the huge initial depreciation but retain warranty. All listed cars have only 1000-5000 miles on them.
  • 2015 US-spec Huracans all have blank buttons where cruise control would be. Really ugly.
  • 650S is available as hard-top spider version with nearly the same cost
  • I've played with the Huracan's media system, it is nicer and prettier. No giant console screen, integration with digital gauges is pretty cool
  • I still prefer the mechanical tach on the 650S
  • Both cars have horrible image quality on their backup cameras, Huracan's is slightly worse. My Evora's Pioneer reverse camera is much better.
  • Butterfly doors on the 650S look cool but will probably be pretty annoying in my garage and in parking lots.
  • Cool motorcycle-style turn signals on the Huracan.
  • McLaren's IRIS system kind of sucks, I've played with it already.
  • Huracan's AWD will make for insanely fast launches
  • A Huracan is essentially an Audi R8, so long term reliability should be good. 650S reliability should be ok, but a bit more unknown.
  • 650S has more power, technically superior (carbon tub, hydraulic anti-roll etc.)
  • Lamborghini owners have a certain kind of reputation. Refer to the Top Gear Cockometer.

·
Driver!
339 Posts
From watching reviews its seems like the Lambo would be the more exciting machine. The lambo is also way sexier, ; )
IMO there are too many variations of the McLaren: 12c, 650s, 675lt, (feels played out). If I were you I would pull the trigger on the Huracan or wait for the 570s.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 570S was on my short list too, but dropped off for these reasons:
  • Slowest McLaren. I've always made it a point to go for the more higher-spec'd option whenever possible. Hence Evora S & Exige S vs Evora & Elise.
  • Will probably take a huge depreciation hit, just look at the 12c. Also a barely used 650S is almost the same price.
  • Not a huge fan of the design. And you can't open the engine panel (no way to clean the engine after rain for example).

·
Registered
850 Posts
No question in my mind ... 650S all day long!

'If' Lotus ever get the new Esprit launched, I'm sure it will be close in spirit to the Macca... instead of waiting for Lotus to get their act together... the 650S is available now!

I went out mountain driving with a group of friends recently... Speciale, 991 GT3, 997 GT3, Elise 220, Aston, Cayman R... you get the idea. One of the GT3 owners was lent a Huracan for a long weekend, so we took that too.

We swopped drivers / cars often... we were all interested in the Lambo... who wouldn't when it looks / sounds that good. However when it comes to driving, not posing... everyone was disappointed, big time & it was miles off its nearest rival, the Ferrari, which wasn't even the latest 488.

I suggest you take a VERY long test drive (days) on roads you really know well before buying either. Both Lambo & Macca are pushing sales harder than you'd think, so a sales guy shouldn't be too stuffy about a long loaner.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's a 2012, manual transmission, 2+0, picture here. 13k miles, no issues. Interior is black with suede-tex. Under warranty, I've had the headlights re-clearcoated, as that was starting to peel. Also the trunk latch was replaced under warranty. I have all paperwork from day one. I have done only one modification, that is the daytime running light disable. 100% undoable, you can revert to stock anytime.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I still vote 570. The fastest of anything is meaningless for a road car a these power levels, and the Lamborghini is no track car.

I love the design of the 570. It drives beautifully too. For pure road going fun, it's hard not to want one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm pondering an upgrade; sell my Evora S and get either a 650S or Huracan (LP610). I'd love to just keep the Evora, but unfortunately I am out of garage space.
I'd love to hear what other Lotus enthusiasts think about this crazy plan!
Some of my musings on both candidate cars:
  • Will certainly look for a 2015 used model of either, to avoid the huge initial depreciation but retain warranty. All listed cars have only 1000-5000 miles on them.
  • 2015 US-spec Huracans all have blank buttons where cruise control would be. Really ugly.
  • 650S is available as hard-top spider version with nearly the same cost
  • I've played with the Huracan's media system, it is nicer and prettier. No giant console screen, integration with digital gauges is pretty cool
  • I still prefer the mechanical tach on the 650S
  • Both cars have horrible image quality on their backup cameras, Huracan's is slightly worse. My Evora's Pioneer reverse camera is much better.
  • Butterfly doors on the 650S look cool but will probably be pretty annoying in my garage and in parking lots.
  • Cool motorcycle-style turn signals on the Huracan.
  • McLaren's IRIS system kind of sucks, I've played with it already.
  • Huracan's AWD will make for insanely fast launches
  • A Huracan is essentially an Audi R8, so long term reliability should be good. 650S reliability should be ok, but a bit more unknown.
  • 650S has more power, technically superior (carbon tub, hydraulic anti-roll etc.)
  • Lamborghini owners have a certain kind of reputation. Refer to the Top Gear Cockometer.
I would keep the Evora... I have both. The evora engine easily trackable... toyota dependability is non comparable and the transmission is the same as a heavy duty Jeep Wrangler. If you blow the whole thing its replaced under $5000 try having that happen in a Lamborghini. You would want death.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts