The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are finally getting ahead on the parts side of the business to bring the rotors back to the website. You'll find the design is different than what you've seen from us and others...

The result is the more modern float in hat design as well as a fixed option. Both are more economical while providing superior performance across the board.

Check it out here! BOE BRAKING

Thanks for -stopping- by :D:D

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
850 Posts
Could you clarify these points please ?

1) Don't Evora / Evora S (1 piece Fr 350mm Rr 332mm) have smaller disc's than Evora 400/410/430s (2 piece Fr 370mm Rr 350mm) ? On the BOE web site all Evoras are classed as a single option.

2) Whats the weight of the BOE offer Vs Lotus OE ? I often see 'light weight' connected to alloy belled discs, but without a weight quoted.

3) How does the performance of BOE's offer compare to the latest 'J - hook' design that Lotus use on the Evora 430's ?

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could you clarify these points please ?

1) Don't Evora / Evora S (1 piece Fr 350mm Rr 332mm) have smaller disc's than Evora 400/410/430s (2 piece Fr 370mm Rr 350mm) ? On the BOE web site all Evoras are classed as a single option.

2) Whats the weight of the BOE offer Vs Lotus OE ? I often see 'light weight' connected to alloy belled discs, but without a weight quoted.

3) How does the performance of BOE's offer compare to the latest 'J - hook' design that Lotus use on the Evora 430's ?
Ha. Good catch. Will have to knock the web guy a day's pay! :nerd:

Weight savings is a big deal, yes.

Front rotors will save 7.3lbs in total and the rears will save 3.3lbs in total.

Slot designs are controversial in some circles and less significant in others.

The with rotation curved slots like we use tend to offer the more bite at some expense of some wear. The counter rotating slots tend to be less bite but may wear longer. The J-hook is arguably something in between. Much of a race grid is comprised of with rotation curved slots. The J-hook is real popular in the GT-R aftermarket and I used to race a GT-R with those rotors. We switched back and forth between those and curve slots, and I couldn't really tell a difference. That car would destroy 4 sets of rotors per season regardless of what we did.

That said, the difference between them all is often perceptible but not always and perhaps not a selling point for most...

Cheers,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phil,

What about us "poor" Exige owners that have 305mm front rotors?

Later,
Eldon
On the list and the pricing will be similar to the Elige sets. :up:

-Phil

·
Registered
536 Posts
Will these come in 308mm to replace the stock AP floating rotors? I notice it's on the site but crossed out?

Cheers,
Zoomby_U

·
Registered
190 Posts
What's the reason to choose floating vs fixed? I'm assuming the floating might make more noise which could be annoying in a street car application?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
any chance you guys will make the 2 piece fixed rotors for us Exige s240 owners? I believe its a 308mm rotor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts