The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have the alignment specs for the Evora S?

I tried the search function and was able to find the Evora NA specs, but no luck for the Evora S.

Dealer said alignment was off during previous visit and had it fixed, just want to make sure everything checks out with the report I was given

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Manual in your car has specs for both cars and they are slightly different, mainly with camber.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Manual in your car has specs for both cars and they are slightly different, mainly with camber.
Lol I don't think there's any other car manufacturer which prints the alignment specs into the manual.

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Behold the magic that is called Lotus!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Try a google search (LT search is lame). There was a thread in here somewhere on it about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Lol I don't think there's any other car manufacturer which prints the alignment specs into the manual.
Well, the good news is that all of the wheel geometry at each corner is adjustable--the bad news is that all of the wheel geometry at each corner is adjustable.
It is easy to screw up an alignment if you don't have the right tools and a knowledgeable tech operating the alignment machine. My guy found a locking bolt that had not been tightened to spec after a local dealer had done an alignment under warranty that I was not happy with.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try a Porsche dealer, they make any service look good

Well, the good news is that all of the wheel geometry at each corner is adjustable--the bad news is that all of the wheel geometry at each corner is adjustable.
It is easy to screw up an alignment if you don't have the right tools and a knowledgeable tech operating the alignment machine. My guy found a locking bolt that had not been tightened to spec after a local dealer had done an alignment under warranty that I was not happy with.
Not torqued to the right spec is not too bad, I had a Porsche tech leave my tie rod nuts completely loose. Both were found totally loose and documented by the shop I went to about 180 miles away to figure out why my car was far worse after two shots at alignment by the P crew. I had a few bouts of control problems on the interstate unsurprisingly on that trip. -eek-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts