The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Afternoon Friends!

I have some ideas that I’d like to bounce off of the brilliant and talented, if not sometimes twisted minds here on the forum.

In a nutshell, I want to take my 2011 stock Evora S and drop-in a MWR 2GR fully-built unit with stage 2 cams, then integrate the BOE TVS kit. I heard that BOE is working on a kit that boosts their existing TVS offering, but is not suitable for the 2GR stock internals.

Overall plan:

MWR 2GR 3.7L
BOE Headers w/cat
CAI
BOE TVS 1900 kit
Cooling Undertray
Stage 2 Clutch
TVS 1900 “upgrade” when it comes (pulley downsize?)

Looking for insight on the usefulness of Fastworks to tune the new engine. Should I go with E85 to keep heat down?

I’m in the LA/OC area if there are any shop recommendations. I intend to do as much of the wrenching as possible, but I will no doubt need a very talented tuner familiar with Lotus.

Thanks all for your invaluable insight! The knowledge on here is beyond compare!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I have no experience with this, but sure look forward to following this project. Please keep us informed!

·
Registered
288 Posts
This sounds like a very fun build, but have you thought about the trans?

I'm not sure what the maximum torque it can handle, I know the IPS has been proven to handle more torque. I just find it suspicious that everything Lotus makes with that manual trans, they always make less than 320lb-ft. of torque.

If you wanted a beefier trans, I'd be looking into the E153 trans the MR2 guys use, yes it's a 5 speed, but it'll grind rocks.

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven’t looked into other tranny options. I did have the idea for the build, but I wouldn’t be the brains behind making it happen. I’m definitely relying on the likes of MWR, BOE, and input from here. I’m trying to avoid things becoming too “Frankenstein’s monster”, as I do like everything to fit into the stock footprint. Just a spec tweak here and there.

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lack of input here is disappointing. Furthermore, I can’t even get calls or emails back from any shops. Perhaps I should try AGX, Sheepey, or Inokinetic. I think the project would be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Just curious, why was Inokinetic not one of your first calls given your location?

BOE are notoriously difficult to get in touch with, but you're a long way from them either way.

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a random listing, really. My first choice, by geography and a Lotus OC recommendation, was DRS in La Habra. They haven’t called back. Inokinetic would be my second choice for sure. I think AGX and Sheepey primarily deal in higher-end Italian stuff.

I’m trying to do most of the wrenching myself, but lack a tuning capability.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well, in that case you're going to need to just talk to BOE. I don't think anyone else is going to be able to do a tune for you with their SC kit, and there aren't many tuning options available. Inokinetic has a tuning option but I don't know if it's customizable. I've never seen any of the rest of the places you mentioned here, but you can try to find @shinoo or @turbophil here. Your other option for tuning likely involves trying to call Komo-Tec.

·
Maniacal Motorist
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you’re right. BOE has done so much legwork, with data to go from a known start point to a known finish. As much as I am intrigued by going down some unknown, Frankenstein’s-monster-Build rabbit hole, it is much safer and cost-effective to stick with their nearly PnP setups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts