The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2011 Evora S the clutch pedal is completely on the floor every day. I have to pump it numerous times to bring it back to operational level and then it works perfectly fine until the next day when the process has to be repeated. The car has 14,000 miles. The same thing happened when the car had 9,000 miles and the dealer changed the clutch master cylinder which fixed the problem for only a short period of time.
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
First thing I'd do is change out the fluid for a quality DOT 4 like Castrol React SRF or ATE Type 200 and see if that fixes it. Make sure you give it a full bleed. They recommend brake fluid changes every two years, but I use Castrol SRF and replace it every year. Also, make sure your clutch line is wrapped.

If that doesn't help, you may have to swap out your master again. But this time I'd considering going with one of BOE or GRP's kits. It appears owner's who have swapped to the aftermarket ones have had little to no issues :

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
It was surprising how many times I could lift and pump the pedal back up, but not a safe practice if it failed worse! Anyway, the OEM ones can't be revived long term. Dealer would not do the work with a quality part only with the OEM. I just went with the BOE. It's a nice piece, good order experience, etc. Search for this topic to assess how difficult a job it is. Pretty easy for me with tools and experience.
-Mike-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts