The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run the Enkei PF01 18" on an Evora? I am in the market for a set of 18 inch track wheels for not crazy money.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Good luck with offsets!

Beware lower leading edge of arm with 18's on rear.

Reactions: Julian73

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Hope it works out!!!! I love Enkei's! had them on my last 2 cars. I was not able to get them for my elise do to weak offsets on the smaller sizes

·
Illegal Alien
5,148 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. I've decided to go with the Enkeis and will report back after my first track day in a few weeks. Can't arrive soon enough!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello! Any update on Enkeis?

I am debating between Enkeis or dynamic pros!
Sadly, I didn't get them in time before I had to park the car for the winter. I'll have a first go with them come April.

Reactions: SuHong Kim

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also considering purchasing the Enkie wheels from Gregs Race Parts for track days with my Evora S. Anyone have experience with these yet? Any other good recommendations for track day wheels that allow for wider array of alternatives of DOT R compound tires? Also, anyone running a slightly different size tire on the OEM wheels (19's and 20's) for track days? If so, what size and any fit/rubbing issues?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm also considering purchasing the Enkie wheels from Gregs Race Parts for track days with my Evora S. Anyone have experience with these yet? Any other good recommendations for track day wheels that allow for wider array of alternatives of DOT R compound tires? Also, anyone running a slightly different size tire on the OEM wheels (19's and 20's) for track days? If so, what size and any fit/rubbing issues?
Mine are finally going on this week. After some delay last year I missed the track season, and Covid delayed my suspension build this spring. I will let you know how the wheels work out once I have them mounted. The ID on the wheels is quite a bit larger than the OD of the hub, so you'll want centering rings or a wheel-stud conversion, otherwise mounting will be a massive headache.

The only thing I can tell you off the bat is that two of the rims arrived bent, so I was obviously quite miffed about that. If they turn out to cause any vibrations, I'll be livid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ugh - Sorry to hear about the bent rims. What tires will you put on them? Still fairly slim pickings for 245/40/18, 275/40/18 size tires and looks Nitto NT01s are the most hardcore track tires I could find in those sizes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ugh - Sorry to hear about the bent rims. What tires will you put on them? Still fairly slim pickings for 245/40/18, 275/40/18 size tires and looks Nitto NT01s are the most hardcore track tires I could find in those sizes.
Mounting is in process, I'm also doing suspension which is taking some time. I should have the car back in 1-2 weeks and will give it a little shakedown. Stay tuned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts