The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Im planing to buy pre-owned Evora S manual.

What's the difference between 2011, 2012, 1013, 2014 model year?

What do I have to consider when purchasing a pre-order Evora S?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Hi everyone!

Thanks
2012 & up have updated interior, steering wheel, better shifter cables for manual trannys. Interior door lock post was deleted, metal union jack/"lotus" door sill plates were added, but removed again for 2014.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The door sill plates were actually removed in later build 2013 cars. Mine was built in April 2013 and no longer has the plates while another 2013 I drove had the plates and was built in November of 2012.

I drove a 2014 in Austin and the door sills were not leather. Instead they were a heavy duty cloth material. Not sure if this is standard now or an option.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
The door sill plates were actually removed in later build 2013 cars. Mine was built in April 2013 and no longer has the plates while another 2013 I drove had the plates and was built in November of 2012.

I drove a 2014 in Austin and the door sills were not leather. Instead they were a heavy duty cloth material. Not sure if this is standard now or an option.
Not sure of the current packages but carpet on the older ones indicated it didn't have the premium pack (if I have my option packs right).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry were moving away from the topic, but is there anything to protect them from being scratched?
Yes, have some 3M film guard put on them, the same film they put on the front of the cars to protect against rock chips. I haven't done it yet but plan to buy some material and do it myself before mine get scratched :up:

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts

Interesting...mine is also an April 2013 build & has the plates.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
The sill plates were removed because so many were getting scratched and warrantied I think.
i can't believe that - if you scratched it then your fault. people can't possibly have expected it not to scratch??????????

i think it was just cost cutting - stupid though - make it an option and charge - most would pay for what was previously free.

Reactions: Rodewaryer

·
Registered
182 Posts
Installed 3M film on my door sills LOTUS plates, they not only look great but the LOTUS name really stands out now. The clear film (same as front bumper protection) give the LOTUS name more depth and makes it appear as if the letters are silver and the plates have a glossy black look now and just look more expensive. By the way, when the 3M film gets scratched, you can use a polishing cleaner and rub the scratches out. I'll post pictures as soon as I takes a few later today. :D

:wave:

PS:
I also touched up some tiny nicks and scratches on the plates with a felt marker before I installed the film, can't see any of them now.

·
Registered
182 Posts

YES! Many auto detail shops use 3M and you only need a 1 x 2ft piece, cost me $15. If you don't have experience on how to install it, I'm sure a dealer would probably cut and install it for under $40. You first must make a template and reverse it for both sides, then make a mixture of 1/3 alcohol with 2/3 water in a spray bottle. You must have a small (2 to 3") squeegee or use a soft poly cloth rag to iron out the air pockets. The Lotus plates must be clean and dust free, then spray both sides of the film and the plate with the alcohol mixture. The film with the glue side down must be laid on the plate, making sure the edges are all aligned and then the liquid ironed out leaving no air pockets. As soon as I ironed out the air pockets, I lifted the film up in just the area covering the Lotus name and quickly dried the liquid settled in the letters to avoid trapping the moisture in the letters, then ironed out that area again. :up:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Looks like the door sill plates go into embossed areas in the sill trims so they do not stand proud.

Has anyone installed them onto sill trims without the indented areas?

I am buying a late 2013 without the trims, wondering if they can be added & will look good. Anyone have part numbers?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Hi everyone!

What do I have to consider when purchasing a pre-order Evora S?

Thanks
Lotus doesn't execute changes exactly on the model year. So, you may find some late 2011 Evoras with the updated shifters or late model 2013 w/o the metal side sills. The radio was updated two or three times I believe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Digging up an old thread.... I seem to recall that the width floor sills may have changed at some point.... I know they changed with the Evora 400, but were there also changes with the 2012 interior refresh or some other point?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.