The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for new tires on the Evora. Last time I went with the OEM pZeros. They are currently unavailable and I was planning on the 400s pilot super sports but they are unavailable in the lotus spec on tirerack.

There are other pilots available and plenty of other options so I wanted to see what people here are running. I’d like to go OEM as let’s face Lotus knows this stuff:wink2: but since I can’t get them I need to change. The fronts are still good but I’m planning on doing all of them so they match.

One set that I have experience with are firestone firehawk Indy 500s which I had on my mini and they were surprisingly very good.

I am partial to Contis and have run them on our Audi’s over the years.

I want something as sticky and as close to OEM as possible as I ran non LTS AD07s on the Elise once and it completely changed how it drove to where I was happy when I wore them off it.....

I know there was thread somewhere on this but I couldnt find it so any suggestions are appreciated

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can vouch for the Michelin PS4S. I always replaced with OEM P Zero Corsas but when they were unavailable last year I went for the Michelins and they are excellent and, for daily driving, a good bit better then the Corsas. They have excellent grip, less noise, harder wearing ($$$ saving) and do not suffer in cold weather. Cannot speak about track.

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Stock fitment on US 410's is 235/35-19 -91Y PS4-S item # 10221 and 285/30-20 -99Y PS4-S #44926. a good road tire and decent on track. The PS4-S is an update of the PSS

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I didn’t know those Michelin’s were updated so that’s makes the decision easy as I had planned to go the 400 tire route until I couldn’t find them.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had a set of the Indy 500s on my S1, they were great tires for the money, I think I had $600 all in (18/19s). A buddy of mine has them on his Corvette Z06, and has two track days on them, they still have a ton of tread left. They will be my go to tire when my PSSs wear out.

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
Just ordered new Conti ECS 235/35/19, 285/30R20. They are fabulous on my Miata and you don't pay for the fat guy's diet(Michelin).

·
Galactic Hitchhiker
384 Posts
I'm less than impressed with my PSS's after a couple of years. They have done a couple of wet morning/dry afternoon track days, but there's still loads of tread left on them.

They're noticeably lacking grip on the street even in the dry at this point. Traction control kicks in regularly when I get on the throttle in first or 2nd. Not sure what I'll go for next time, but it'll be something different. Maybe Nitto Invo's? Will need to do some more research when it comes up.

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
Same thing happened to my Sumi's. Heat cycling occurs in all tires, not just track. Once fabulous, now scary.

This is why we run dedicated track tires. Only time street tires survive well is in true rain where no heat cycling of consequence occurs

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Same thing happened to my Sumi's. Heat cycling occurs in all tires, not just track. Once fabulous, now scary.

This is why we run dedicated track tires. Only time street tires survive well is in true rain where no heat cycling of consequence occurs

This is why I don't understand SCCA Solo II autocrossing going to street tires for stock and STR classes, they claim cheaper because to drive way you brung, I preferred the days that I had street tires and wheels for daily, that could handle rain and soft R rated 40-60 wear - Hoosiers, Yoko's, Kumho's or such for autocrossing, street tires worked and lasted, track tires were cheap and disposable. Now we have 200 wear rating "street tires" to save on a sett of wheels but you must purchase expensive tires multiple times per year and have ****ting track traction and deadly way street traction. Made me quite autocrossing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm less than impressed with my PSS's after a couple of years. They have done a couple of wet morning/dry afternoon track days, but there's still loads of tread left on them.

They're noticeably lacking grip on the street even in the dry at this point. Traction control kicks in regularly when I get on the throttle in first or 2nd. Not sure what I'll go for next time, but it'll be something different. Maybe Nitto Invo's? Will need to do some more research when it comes up.

EXACTLY what happened with the PSS on my wife’s car. Ended up removing them before the tread has run out.

·
Galactic Hitchhiker
384 Posts

Yea, I have dedicated R888's I run for the dry track days.

Reactions: aterren

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can anyone offer a review of the pilot sport cup2 on an S (285rear)?
I was wondering how they compared to the ps4s

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Can anyone offer a review of the pilot sport cup2 on an S (285rear)?
I was wondering how they compared to the ps4s

PS4S is a street tire that can go on track, PSC2 is a track tire that can go on street .. higher grip, much less wet margin, much less tire life.

I don't think it was your intent but implied by mention of rear only, that your would mix and match the two tire models, don't do that their stiffness and grip is too different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m looking to replace the full set of corsa’s , since my rears are shot and can not be replaced now. The psc2 are only available in 285, so not the ideal size. I do not really want to loose any grip or response over stock, but I do drive on the street, and do not want anything more dangerous than corsas in the rain. I’m leaning toward ps4s as the safer choice, but wanted to see if anyone was running the psc2 on S wheels

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
I’m looking to replace the full set of corsa’s , since my rears are shot and can not be replaced now. The psc2 are only available in 285, so not the ideal size. I do not really want to loose any grip or response over stock, but I do drive on the street, and do not want anything more dangerous than corsas in the rain. I’m leaning toward ps4s as the safer choice, but wanted to see if anyone was running the psc2 on S wheels
The 4xx's cars are running 285's and even 295's

·
Registered
291 Posts
Another tire to consider is the new Bridgestone S007A. I have them on my 400 and have been very happy with them. Stiff, responsive sidewalls yet have a refined feeling ride, quieter than the OE PSS, plus excellent grip even in temps down into the 40s. As side bonuses, they are fairly light and quite a bit cheaper than the PS4S.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts