The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2014 Evora S with less than 5K miles and when I drove it today the rear tire reading was "00" and the tire pressure warning light was on. The tire pressure was slightly low so I filled it and still the same problem. I followed the recommendation of a thred here that said deflate and reinflate and drive for a while. I did that but the same issue still remains. The batteries in these r supposed to last 10 years. But I'm guessing since I get an accurate reading out of teh other pnes it must be that wheel's TPMS. question fro you"
1. What is the part number for the TPMS of a 2014 Evora S? Does Sabb 2159 work? I saw that Tire rack has one for evora but a bit pricey
2. there afre no lotus delaler anywhere close to me. How can I have the TPMS programed to be read by my car?

Thanks in advance for ur help

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That appears to be the correct sensors based on Schrader's Sensors/Transmitters application manual.

View attachment 1285750

Sherman has singles in stock (2014 compatible) if you need a replacement:

Thank you so much for the quick response. Would you happen to know what happens with the programing it, given that there are no lotus dealers near by and no one will have a scanner that can program it to Lotus.?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
If you are replacing with an OEM or equivalent, there is no reprogramming. It will automatically be picked up by the receiver after a drive (usually within a few minutes).

I replaced all 4 of my sensors and they all read within a few miles except for one. That took probably about 10 miles or so to read.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
"If a tyre valve/sensor is renewed, or is moved to a different wheel position, the TPMS will automatically identify the new configuration by interpreting signal strength as distance from sensor to receiver.

The car should be driven gently at 40 mph in order to optimise conditions for sensor recognition."

However, there are TPMS fault codes if the system has an issue:

C0550 TPMS ECU Failure
C0551 TPMS Module not programmed with Vehicle Configuration
C0558 TPMS Vehicle Sensor ID's not programmed
C075A TPMS Pressure Sensor LF Malfunction / Battery Low / Broken Shock Sensor
C075B TPMS Pressure Sensor RF Malfunction / Battery Low / Broken Shock Sensor
C075C TPMS Pressure Sensor LR Malfunction / Battery Low / Broken Shock Sensor
C075D TPMS Pressure Sensor RR Malfunction / Battery Low / Broken Shock Sensor
C0777 TPMS Sensor Autolocation Failed
C0800 TPMS Module Supply Voltage Below 9V / Above 18V
U2103 TPMS Communications Malfunction

As far as I know, if you have a fault code, they have to be read by Lotus Techcentre. With that said, I would not think that would be necesssary if 3 out of 4 are registering correctly. That usually would indicate that the TPMS ECU/ supply voltage etc are ok.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are replacing with an OEM or equivalent, there is no reprogramming. It will automatically be picked up by the receiver after a drive (usually within a few minutes).

I replaced all 4 of my sensors and they all read within a few miles except for one. That took probably about 10 miles or so to read.
Yes I plan on using an OEM. thats very helpful.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"If a tyre valve/sensor is renewed, or is moved to a different wheel position, the TPMS will automatically identify the new configuration by interpreting signal strength as distance from sensor to receiver.

The car should be driven gently at 40 mph in order to optimise conditions for sensor recognition."

However, there are TPMS fault codes if the system has an issue:

C0550 TPMS ECU Failure
C0551 TPMS Module not programmed with Vehicle Configuration
C0558 TPMS Vehicle Sensor ID's not programmed
C075A TPMS Pressure Sensor LF Malfunction / Battery Low / Broken Shock Sensor
C075B TPMS Pressure Sensor RF Malfunction / Battery Low / Broken Shock Sensor
C075C TPMS Pressure Sensor LR Malfunction / Battery Low / Broken Shock Sensor
C075D TPMS Pressure Sensor RR Malfunction / Battery Low / Broken Shock Sensor
C0777 TPMS Sensor Autolocation Failed
C0800 TPMS Module Supply Voltage Below 9V / Above 18V
U2103 TPMS Communications Malfunction

As far as I know, if you have a fault code, they have to be read by Lotus Techcentre. With that said, I would not think that would be necessary if 3 out of 4 are registering correctly. That usually would indicate that the TPMS ECU/ supply voltage etc are ok.
I used a high end foxwell obd2 reader, and it showed no codes. Its only that one corner. When I contacted a lotus dealer(I think in vegas) and asked why woul it go bad since it has a 10 yr battery life, he said he has seen them go bad after a year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts