The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I think you need a valved exhaust for the S and all the new ones already come with the De-Cat pipe. the only thing you can really use from that kit is the filter which you can buy from BOE for much cheaper that what lotus sells it for.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you need a valved exhaust for the S and all the new ones already come with the De-Cat pipe. the only thing you can really use from that kit is the filter which you can buy from BOE for much cheaper that what lotus sells it for.
I have a 2011 Evora S with the 3rd cat. Dealer here in Australia tells me the it's the way to go for a better sound with the rear silencer and also it removes the 3rd cat.

Trouble is the documentation from Lotus is poor and makes no mention if it's OK on the S model. Some gurus here will know for sure.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
the main concerns will be the flange orientation on the test pipe (this varies by year). But I agree, unless you can get a great price, it would be cheaper to buy the parts separately (larine test pipe, K&N or ITG drop in, muffler of your choice) than to go through Lotus. That being said, it is a nice option to have.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
ACP, huge amount of information on exhaust options is on this site. Also if you want to save weight and retain a valued option, Larini Club Sport muffler weights in at 19.8lbs.,
where-as the Lotus Sport Stage I muffler weights in at 24.2# (w/o a diverter valve).

JAWS, please corrcect me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that Lotus Racing Kit ALS5E0146J includes this same muffler along with the de-Cat pipe.

The K&N filter is nothing special; it is a Toyota fitment; I don't have the K&N PN handy but I believe same as RAV-4 V6 version.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ACP, huge amount of information on exhaust options is on this site. Also if you want to save weight and retain a valued option, Larini Club Sport muffler weights in at 19.8lbs.,
where-as the Lotus Sport Stage I muffler weights in at 24.2# (w/o a diverter valve).

JAWS, please corrcect me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that Lotus Racing Kit ALS5E0146J includes this same muffler along with the de-Cat pipe.

The K&N filter is nothing special; it is a Toyota fitment; I don't have the K&N PN handy but I believe same as RAV-4 V6 version.
Thanks for the info. My question was specifically aimed at the exhaust in the ALS5E0146J kit and whether is can be used with an Evora S. I assume it can, but I have noticed that Larini and 2bular have different exhausts for the S and NA, and I guess there must be a reason for that.

·
Illegal Alien
5,357 Posts
As Jaw stares the muffler can be used in either na or S. You just give up the dual path valve. As the the mid pipe issued in that kit you must, as Jaws states, specify that you have an S model, as this piece has a flange orientation specific to engine model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts