The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let Evora s1 owners know that you can upgrade your s1 with the oem CF tailgate from Evora 410/430/GT. It’s a perfect fit and a direct replacement to the heavy tailgate. I have been wanting to do this since the CF tailgate was first introduce with the Evora 410. I wasn’t sure if the swap would work but took the plunged anyway and purchased Kageorg11 Evora GT tailgate. Not only does it fits and look beautiful on my Evora S, it also reduced ~30 lbs of weight near the top of my car. The lines flow smoothly from every angles of the rear and make the car looks more aggressive in the back. The pictures below don’t do justices. Now, my Evora is ~120 lbs lighter with the titanium exhaust, Shorai battery, and CF tailgate.

I created a DIY guide for members that might want to upgrade this in the future: https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/upgrade-evora-s1-to-carbon-fiber-tailgate-from-evora-410-430-gt.474395/

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just to let Evora s1 owners know that you can upgrade your s1 with the oem CF tailgate from Evora 410/430/GT. It’s a perfect fit and a direct replacement to the heavy tailgate. I have been wanting to do this since the CF tailgate was first introduce with the Evora 410. I wasn’t sure if the swap would work but took the plunged anyway and purchased Kageorg11 Evora GT tailgate. Not only does it fits and look beautiful on my Evora S, it also reduced ~30 lbs of weight near the top of my car. The lines flow smoothly from every angles of the rear and make the car looks more aggressive in the back. The pictures below don’t do justices. Now, my Evora is ~120 lbs lighter with the titanium exhaust, Shorai battery, and CF tailgate.

I created a DIY guide for members that might want to upgrade this in the future: https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/upgrade-evora-s1-to-carbon-fiber-tailgate-from-evora-410-430-gt.474395/

View attachment 1256283

View attachment 1256284

View attachment 1256285

View attachment 1256286

View attachment 1256287

View attachment 1256288
Wow really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'm 6' and no problem and find once you adjust rear mirror correctly visibility is pretty good

·
Registered
237 Posts
I sat in one and was surprised at how visibility isn’t a whole lot less than the regular glass hatch

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Before, I can see the car behind alone with the driver/passenger full face when they get close. Now, I can see the car behind but can't see their faces, unless they are in the line visibility.
A tip that I learned from other Evora owners is to rotate your rear-view mirror 180 degree and angle it upward so that the lower half is showing the rear. I get much better visibility with this method.

The CF's limit visibility doesn't affect my driving at all. My Exige is even worst (no rear-view mirror and no backup camera) and I can still manage fine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The CF hatch also provide addition trunk space. I’m able to put my luggage 12x15x26 inches in the trunk. From the picture below, it seems impossible, but I was able to lower the CF and lock it without issue. I also drove my Evora through hours of heavy at rain at 80+ miles/hours and park for hours with heavy rains and no leak in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
6,658 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm putting mine on (sourced from KenGT2020) this week. My parts are in so here goes.
With two people helping, the swap takes about 15 minutes to swap and set up the gaps.

Removing the strut brackets took twice as long, haha!

·
Premium Member
6,658 Posts
The compromise with 16-18lbs looss is remove the glass. Persian Blue is so beautiful I was going to do the hatch but wanted to keep the color

Attachments

Reactions: nintense
1 - 17 of 17 Posts