The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I’d share my remote key fob experience. I don’t think it’s been covered before having searched here for help previously.

I bought my MY2012 NA IPS with one key and the remote worked unreliably. Got a new one from Lotus (2 months after ordering from Lotus UK) which worked, then didn’t work and again not one I could rely on especially parking in public.

I went to what turns out to be a really knowledgeable car remote whisperer lol.

As is known by all, the alarm immobiliser is an Autowatch make, Thatcham rated for UK insurance purposes but rather finnicky.

The innards of the fob I found out is the Autowatch 743-300. The buttons work as per the Lotus remote fob once programmed (instructions in the manual) with no additional manoeuvres. There’s a fourth button which I think is redundant although I haven’t really tried exploring. Photo attached.

Turns out the 2 Lotus fob I have actually do work but the battery shifts off the contacts as the buttons particularly the Arm button (Lotus logo one) is pressed! So instead of buying new remotes you could just somehow secure the contacts better. A design fault basically. How Lotus :)

I decided to keep my Autowatch remotes as there’s less fiddling and I guess I’m over the whole unable to arm or disarm debacle!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought I’d share my remote key fob experience. I don’t think it’s been covered before having searched here for help previously.

I bought my MY2012 NA IPS with one key and the remote worked unreliably. Got a new one from Lotus (2 months after ordering from Lotus UK) which worked, then didn’t work and again not one I could rely on especially parking in public.

I went to what turns out to be a really knowledgeable car remote whisperer lol.

As is known by all, the alarm immobiliser is an Autowatch make, Thatcham rated for UK insurance purposes but rather finnicky.

The innards of the fob I found out is the Autowatch 743-300. The buttons work as per the Lotus remote fob once programmed (instructions in the manual) with no additional manoeuvres. There’s a fourth button which I think is redundant although I haven’t really tried exploring. Photo attached. View attachment 1258835

Turns out the 2 Lotus fob I have actually do work but the battery shifts off the contacts as the buttons particularly the Arm button (Lotus logo one) is pressed! So instead of buying new remotes you could just somehow secure the contacts better. A design fault basically. How Lotus :)

I decided to keep my Autowatch remotes as there’s less fiddling and I guess I’m over the whole unable to arm or disarm debacle!
How do you program the new fob and where do you locate the PIN?

·
Registered
8 Posts
How do you program the new fob and where do you locate the PIN?
The PIN should with the car’s papers or if not, you can contact Lotus I believe. There is a laborious way of working out the PIN here Alarm PIN Hack
The instructions for programming a new remote is in the manual. Pretty easy once you have the pin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts