The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any directions on how to remove the front drivers seat? Mine came untucked and I can’t get it to stay without removal I believe. Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

·
Illegal Alien
5,000 Posts
2 Allen socket cap screws front and back. Remove back bolts then front bolts. Tilt back and disconnect cables (seat belt warning, maybe heaters and side air bags depending on year model). If air bags let car sit for more than 30 min without key in prior, otherwise you may get a tell tail light.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Just remove the 4x cap head bolts in the corners, making sure to not lose the washers.

Tilt slightly until you can see underneath to disconnect any wiring connectors. Then heave it out of the car, rotating as necessary to avoid hitting anything.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Others have covered the steps. I'll just add that it's a breeze, and really adds a ton of space if you're looking to work on anything inside the cabin.

There was also far less wire slack than I anticipated. My 2011 Evora (NA) only had wiring on the driver's side, for the seatbelt warning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts