The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a Helms or similar brand Service manual book out there? I didn't want the online PDF but that's all i'm finding...
anyone have the service bible??

·
Illegal Alien
5,319 Posts
Look on ebay for a downloadable copy or use lotus link.

·
Illegal Alien
5,319 Posts
There is no book. Helms is an authorized publisher of OEM service manuals, Lotus does not use them but only uses downloaded able copies from their site. If you don't like their price and are willing to violate copyright laws do versions are available for resale on ebay.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no book. Helms is an authorized publisher of OEM service manuals, Lotus does not use them but only uses downloaded able copies from their site. If you don't like their price and are willing to violate copyright laws do versions are available for resale on ebay.
:rolleyes: no book?:confused: well shoot...thank you

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Books are so... outdated :facepalm

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Look on ebay for a downloadable copy or use lotus link.
Are we talking about:
1. the Lotus Factory Repair Manual, titled "Service Notes Evora", or
2. the Factory Parts Manual, "Evora Service Parts List", or
2. the Evora Owners Manual, "Owners Handbook USA" ??

I think each of these have been posted on the LT forum. I have all of these, but have never heard of any aftermarket Chilton type Manuals.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are we talking about:
1. the Lotus Factory Repair Manual, titled "Service Notes Evora", or
2. the Factory Parts Manual, "Evora Service Parts List", or
2. the Evora Owners Manual, "Owners Handbook USA" ??

I think each of these have been posted on the LT forum. I have all of these, but have never heard of any aftermarket Chilton type Manuals.
Yes any or all of those..any car i buy,(or hubby buys) we will then buy the service manual so things can be done at home. I have one for every car we have and we just prefer to have the "book" in the garage while working on any of the vehicles. Taking my laptop to the garage is just not our cup of tea....i don't care if "books" are so outdated as the previous poster was so kind to let me know. We just prefer a book in the garage for each vehicle..
but now i know they don't make a helms type of service manual for this car so i'll have to do the online version i guess. Thank you very much for your post...i'll look for the "LT Forum"...:)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The Owner's Handbook is included with a new car--and it is a physical book :rolleyes:. Lots of general info, but not really a "how to" book.

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Owner's Handbook is included with a new car--and it is a physical book :rolleyes:. Lots of general info, but not really a "how to" book.
oh yes, i'm aware of that...I mean the book that would show working on the engine or any deep mechanical work....at some point my warranty will run out and my hubby who is totally amazing at mechanical work will be doing the maintenance on it. (he could rebuild an engine in his sleep LOL, he's amazing)!....i totally trust him over any of our local mechanics to work on the car. We don't have a lotus dealership near. (atlanta is about 4.5 hrs or so) ...

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all...i have all the info i need...no one else need reply to this thread...let it disappear into the abyss..

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
oh yes, i'm aware of that...I mean the book that would show working on the engine or any deep mechanical work....at some point my warranty will run out and my hubby who is totally amazing at mechanical work will be doing the maintenance on it. (he could rebuild an engine in his sleep LOL, he's amazing)!....i totally trust him over any of our local mechanics to work on the car. We don't have a lotus dealership near. (atlanta is about 4.5 hrs or so) ...
I loaded the PDF Service AND Parts manuals on to a Thumb Drive, took them to Kinkos, and had hard copies printed for garage use.

BTW, the Lotus manuals are NOTHING like the Porsche Factory manuals, where anyone can "Cook Book" a repair.

·
Illegal Alien
5,319 Posts
I fact the parts manual is needed along side the repair manual to get an idea of what the actual parts and fasteners are (if illustrated0

·
Illegal Alien
5,319 Posts
Yes any or all of those..any car i buy,(or hubby buys) we will then buy the service manual so things can be done at home. I have one for every car we have and we just prefer to have the "book" in the garage while working on any of the vehicles. ... We just prefer a book in the garage for each vehicle...
Me too, I even try (usually successfully) to negotiate a set of hardcopy service manuals into the car purchase.

Lotus service manual does not include the engine, this is an extra (very high cost purchase) I first considered just referring to Toyota Camry manuals but realized the SC and external mods would not be featured and ended up buying a Lotus copy off e-bay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I fact the parts manual is needed along side the repair manual to get an idea of what the actual parts and fasteners are (if illustrated0
Porsche gives you step by step instructions, with diagrams and photos of everything. But, that is why their 911 manuals are 10 large notebook volumes.

With the Evora Manuals, it's hard to figure out how to change an Air Filter !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts