·
Registered
543 Posts
splendid write up, thank you!
t. a.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Very nice first post. Although it took me a second to realize the pic was a link.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Sweeet.

A little while back even one of my "non car" friends wrote me on my facebook page letting me know she saw something about the new Lotus Evora coming out and how cool it was!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
cool, I'd love to see this on "Ultimate Factories".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers for comments guys.. i twigged afterwards, it wasn't my first post.. first posted in 2003 under this account.. so sorry for setting up a 2nd account.. lot..

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for posting Paul.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
that car just keeps growing on me more and more!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very cool. Thanks for posting. I wonder how much discount I can get if I donate the 1,700 soda cans!:)

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Great write-up! Most cars have a chassis that weighs as much as 1,700 soda cans, but unfortunately they're full soda cans!

Tom

·
Registered
807 Posts
the ones coming down the line are all LHD! more for us!! :nanner:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great write-up! Most cars have a chassis that weighs as much as 1,700 soda cans, but unfortunately they're full soda cans!

Tom
Actually, they may be talking full cans; they certainly are not talking about empty cans.

An empty aluminum can weighs about 1/30th of a pound so 1,700 cans would weigh about 57lbs. If they missed a decimal place and meant 17,000 cans, that would weigh about 567lbs. That's still pretty light.

One full can weighs about .78 lbs so 1,700 full cans would weigh about 1,326 lbs.

So how much is this car going to weigh? :shrug: If they are off by a factor of 10 soda cans, we can only hope that the estimated 2,900 lb curb weight was written by a dyslexic person who transposes 9s for 6s!

I hope they didn't miss a decimal place with their estimate of 0-60 times. Maybe the sub 5 seconds was to get to 6.0 mph!

It seems that the English have always had problems with this sort of thing:
Buying a Bed

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I believe he is referring to the chassis tub's weight, not the full car

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe he is referring to the chassis tub's weight, not the full car
I know, but this does not weigh 56 lbs. The Elise tub weighs about 160 lbs. This must be in the 250 lb range.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts