The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Evora Sideswiped

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  EvoraCC 
#1 ·
Sigh,

I was sideswiped by another driver last week. The impact seemed pretty hard. I dropped it off at the dealer this morning for an inspection. I wanted to get some input as to what things I should make sure that they specifically look at.

I appreciate everyone's input.

See less See more
#4 ·
I see some irony in your avatar.

That seriously sucks

#7 ·
That won't be cheap to repair. The clam and front bumper are a lot of money. Make sure the assessor is very through in getting a estimate for what needs to be replaced.

I would have them remove the wheel and look for suspension damage as well.

#8 ·
My lotus dealer is telling me that after putting the car on the rack and inspecting it, that the clam is not damaged and can be put back into place, and they believe the bumper will buff out. Does this sound legitimate?

Thanks again for all of the feedback.

#11 ·
I was thinking the same thing. The bumper is very flexible, no need to replace unless there is a crack. The clam would be the same, though likely a fixation or two may have been damaged, but that can be repaired.

Most important would be the alignment check, the only thing not visible to the naked eye.

#9 ·
Hard to tell without seeing it, but I cannot imagine that from the picture that is all simply snaps back into place and can be buffed out.

#10 ·
Any repair has to be 'accepted' so you work with your dealer who in turn works with the insurance and inform the dealer to let you know if any corners are being taken or insurance gives them any trouble. Then when complete, go with a fine tooth comb and only accept/sign after you are fully satisfied.

#15 ·
You're extremely lucky your bumper didn't crack. I had mine burst a seam when a truck threw a large piece of debris into me on the freeway. Had that fixed and a month later my nose was backed into in a parking lot. Cracked in another place. I had a quote done to replace the front bumper (not wanting to have a Frankenstein car) - $6K ouch! Sorry to hear you're baby has had similar luck, hope she turns out good as new. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.