The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you may cringe at the thought. I purchased my 2011 last March and have driven it daily since. I have other vehicles at my disposal, but I choose not to drive them. I have almost 11k on the odometer and have driven through ice, snow and everything in between with nary a spun wheel. I will continue to drive her until the wheels come off! :shift:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
It would be nice to see a photo of the car with a winter backdrop.

I too use my car (Elise) in winter. It is a blast.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running on the Cooper Zeons. $450 installed. I will post a pic when Pittsburgh gets it's next snow fall. Btw Dave, how many miles were on the Tercel before it died?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
No cringing here. Had snows on my Elise, and now snows on my Evora. I don't drive it every day, because the snow has been so high that it would be a problem. But I do drive it in the snow, and it's fine. What sizes are you running? The Zeon's are all-season, not winter, correct?

I could not find the Yoko w.drives in the correct factory size (much like the Elise, although I did get a used set of the correct Pirellis), so I got Pirellis in the same as the summer sizes, which seem good enough for what I do.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I have been using the Evora as my DD for 3 years now. I always wonder how people choose a different car as their DD, how do you get by NOT driving such a great machine?:shrug:

Haven't had much winter this year, but last winter was fun in the snow.:p

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I know some of you may cringe at the thought. I purchased my 2011 last March and have driven it daily since. I have other vehicles at my disposal, but I choose not to drive them. I have almost 11k on the odometer and have driven through ice, snow and everything in between with nary a spun wheel. I will continue to drive her until the wheels come off! :shift:
I parked my Evora outside last November to clear the garage for a reno job, and it wouldn't start with a thin blanket of snow on it. I think the snow blocked the engine air intakes and caused it to choke, but not sure. How do you get around this problem?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Haven't spotted you out in the snow. I considered getting an Evora to daily drive while my Exige hibernates but I got pulled in the direction of the Golf R for winter duties.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I parked my Evora outside last November to clear the garage for a reno job, and it wouldn't start with a thin blanket of snow on it. I think the snow blocked the engine air intakes and caused it to choke, but not sure. How do you get around this problem?
Hmmm. I garage the vehicle at night but it is often parked at my work place without protection all day. Often I will find 3" to 6" of fresh snow cover yet I haven't had a problem with the engine starting.:shrug:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven't spotted you out in the snow. I considered getting an Evora to daily drive while my Exige hibernates but I got pulled in the direction of the Golf R for winter duties.
I live in Mt. Lebanon and commute to the North Side each day. I haven't seen your Exige either. We must get together sometime at one of the many car cruises.:shift:

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
350 ft uphill driveway usually covered with ice is a good reason to store mine in winter. The Jag does fine most of the time but.... ice is ice

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
MTL - someone sabatoged yours as it suffered from the old problem 101 - "Lotus" and "Evora" should have been scripted in French:eek:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I live in Mt. Lebanon and commute to the North Side each day. I haven't seen your Exige either. We must get together sometime at one of the many car cruises.:shift:
Commute from Washington county to Mt Lebo and Wexford. (That could be changing this summer). Drive the Exige to work about once a week in the summer. I'm usually at cars and coffee at Generosta coffee shop on Saturdays. Pittsburgh Cars 'N' Coffee - Index page if you aren't already connected.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been DD mine every day for the last 3 yrs in the snow using Michelin PA3's. I only had to take the F350 in on one day last yr after getting 30" of snow and having ruts on my street about 8" deep.
The only issue that i've noticed is that with deep slushy snow the radiator inlet can clog so you need to keep a close watch on the temp gauge to avoid overheating. Other than that the car is fantastic in the snow I have an absolute ball driving it though at this point in the year I can't wait for summer rubber

1 - 17 of 17 Posts