The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stainless steel door sill plates on my 20013 Evora scratch very easy. Is there any tricks to get the scratches out or to protect them from getting scratched up. Or where can you get replacements?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Yes, there is a thread in the Evora section somewhere related. Several have applied the headlight film to it and it seems to do quite well. My new one arrives in a week and that and the DRL are the first 2 things I'll do.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Are they bare stainless? If so, depending how deep it is, try using some Mothers wheel polish. Available at any parts store, comes in a little tub of about a cup of white paste. Works great by hand or machine for polishing anything shiny.

If they are clear coated that won't work, you will just have to buff them and re-clear or film over top.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got some. I think that some of it has etching and I might be concerned about that rubbing off.
Thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes, there is a thread in the Evora section somewhere related. Several have applied the headlight film to it and it seems to do quite well. My new one arrives in a week and that and the DRL are the first 2 things I'll do.
Do you have part numbers? Want to add them to my late 2013 car & I cannot find them on the parts diagrams.

·
Vendor
359 Posts
Do you have part numbers? Want to add them to my late 2013 car & I cannot find them on the parts diagrams.
You have to make them or have them made.

We use clear bra on ours at the shop. Price will vary based on who your clear paint protection guy is and how much they can get film for.

If you are referring to the PN for the sill plates, they are no longer available for order. You cannot just get the stainless sill plate either, you have to get the whole thing, leather sill with the plate in it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You have to make them or have them made.

We use clear bra on ours at the shop. Price will vary based on who your clear paint protection guy is and how much they can get film for.

If you are referring to the PN for the sill plates, they are no longer available for order. You cannot just get the stainless sill plate either, you have to get the whole thing, leather sill with the plate in it.
Not asking about the clear bra - that's obvious.

"you have to get the whole thing, leather sill with the plate in it" Ouch.. I bet that's expensive, but understandable since the plate is "relieved" into the leather.

·
Vendor
359 Posts
Not asking about the clear bra - that's obvious.

"you have to get the whole thing, leather sill with the plate in it" Ouch.. I bet that's expensive, but understandable since the plate is "relieved" into the leather.
Yes, for example the basic black with the sill plate is $799.08, not to mention most of the other leather colors do not appear to be made anymore. The black with red stitching is not available as well. I would highly recommend getting them covered up and keep them protected.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Gator is right, the sills themselves are obsolete. I wish that I would have had mine protected from the dealership. Even though I have a few minor scratches I have an appointment next week to have them treated with a 3M type protection, I'm sure it will eventually help with the resale value. These things scratch if you just look at them. So if you happen to buy the sill don't even look at them and get them protected. And BTW the part that scratches easily is mirrored stainless steel, I wouldn't even think about using Mothers on that part of the plate. I don't think they make a polish or scratch remover for mirrored stainless?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts