The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With multiple sources inside Lotus having identified 2020 as the debut of the Evora successor, am I the only one surprised by the total dearth of information about the car? 2020 is less then 5 months away, yet we don't know even basic parameters such as engine placement, number of cylinders, method of induction, number of seats, build location, etc.
Even for Lotus this strikes me as a little off-kilter. Anyone know anything?:UK:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
... above should read "than" and not "then". Bloody computer thinks it knows what I want to say ...

·
Registered
95 Posts
To me it’s not that surprising we have no info yet. Just look at how long it took us to get info on the GT

Maybe the info/specs on the successor will be released sometime in 2020 however the car will be a 2021 model?

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
why kill the mojo for the just released GT?

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
^Wisest course of action and the best explanation but Lotus has also made a habit of announcing wines before their times. Maybe they are learning to keep the powder dry to avoid misfires. With the recent announcements of the Evija and just delivered GTs there is nothing to be gained by announcing a successor at this time as Dr. brgelise has inferred.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I have never been a fan of Evora; to me it looks too civilized vs. the Exige. In my opinion, if Lotus is retiring Evora, then I hope the new car is similar to Evija with gas and electric motors combo - Hybrid. Maybe they call it Exivija :wink2:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have never been a fan of Evora; to me it looks too civilized vs. the Exige. In my opinion, if Lotus is retiring Evora, then I hope the new car is similar to Evija with gas and electric motors combo - Hybrid. Maybe they call it Exivija :wink2:
ex-ee-evv-eye-ah perhaps! :)

I am a fan of the old/current styling but that doesn't mean everyone else has to like it. I hear ya tho and would love some of those Evija styling queues and power train types to trickle down to the next car.

For the Evora being civilized, that's what Lotus was going for although mainly on the S1. Remember the Evora commercial where the husband/wife are at the symphony and the classical music is playing? They leave, it's raining so he runs out to get the car...queue techno music and he starts doing all the handling and spins in the rain. Then he pulls up and the wife nods for him to get out to let her drive and the classical music starts playing again. :)

Reactions: RBH

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
It's their common practice I'd say. Look how well they have kept the wraps on the roadster release? You've not heard anything, I bet, and the release date is right
around the corner in dates.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts