The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here own both and can they give pros and cons on each on the street and at the track. My interest is very high as I have crossed the 4C off my list (almost) unless i drive one with corrected alignment to remove the dartiness.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just curious, what are you looking for in Quadrofoglio? Is it going to be a car to replace the Evora? Or are you just trying to see how it stacks up to the Evora?

I have not driven a Giula, but have researched the crap out of it. My general take-away is that it's about as much fun as you can have in 4-door sedan and it drives just a touch more like a sports car than it does a sedan.

That being said, a sedan is always going to be inherently compromised. So to me, even though the Giulia is probably the most fun sports sedan on the market, it's not going to have the visceral feel, engagement, etc. of an Evora but it will have traces of it.

I think sports sedans are great if you've never driven a real sports-car. But if you have...they can be a little frustrating because they sort of feel like a sports car, but they don't hold up nearly as well once you start to push them or start really trying to experience them.

If I had to pick one though...it's a Giulia of Tesla Performance Model 3. All of the German options aren't remotely on the table.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My Evora is running great at present, but when you are starting to replace things like motor mounts etc you know nothing lasts forever. The deals on Quads are pretty damn good and yes, probably the BEST sedan on the market. Not a forever thing, but from a financial sense, intriguing. 60-65K for a new Quad v $$$ for a GT or 80-85 for a 2108 400. Then again, Guilia forum owners have already told me coming from an Evora to a Quad will leave me disappointed, not because of power (Quad will kill a Evora in a straight line), its the loss of the tactile side. Now that was a candid response.! It will eat tires and brakes due to being 3800lbs. Also spoiled by our bullet proof Toyota motors. I'm sure that Ferrari motor wil be $$$$ to service and repair. So, I am conflicted. My brain starting to think my GTS is not much different in that regard.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Personally, I'd vote to keep the Evora and switch your Stelvio to a QV. Of course, I might be a bit bias. 😬

·
Registered
160 Posts
Best option: Go to a dealership in your Evora, and test drive a QV.

The QV is good, by every measurement.

OTOH, you have a Maserati, and two SUVs -- you don't make the best car purchase choices :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Evora is running great at present, but when you are starting to replace things like motor mounts etc you know nothing lasts forever. The deals on Quads are pretty damn good and yes, probably the BEST sedan on the market. Not a forever thing, but from a financial sense, intriguing. 60-65K for a new Quad v $$$ for a GT or 80-85 for a 2108 400. Then again, Guilia forum owners have already told me coming from an Evora to a Quad will leave me disappointed, not because of power (Quad will kill a Evora in a straight line), its the loss of the tactile side. Now that was a candid response.! It will eat tires and brakes due to being 3800lbs. Also spoiled by our bullet proof Toyota motors. I'm sure that Ferrari motor wil be $$$$ to service and repair. So, I am conflicted. Mine brain starting to think my GTS is not much different in that regard.
To me, if you were hurting for some practicality or could only have one car, I'd say the Giulia makes sense.

But if you're trying to avoid the Evora saddling you with a stupid repair bill then I think you have to narrow your search to other sports cars to scratch the itch. If you can wait a few months I think the C8 is an excellent contender. Not my cup of tea...but the new Supra is also surprisingly affordable. If you look hard enough or can bump up your budget a bit you can get a V10 R8, a used F430, and maybe a Gallardo.

I went from a C7 Grand Sport to a Tesla Model 3 AWD because I needed the extra practicality in my day to day life and while it was a good decision I totally yearn for the proper emotion that a sports car gives you (hence my current desire for an Evora). I just don't think you'll get the same satisfaction from a Giulia as brilliant as it is.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
All great thoughts folks.
Ouch CRX.. BTW 1st gen CRX was a BLAST. That's when Hondas were fun. 1986 Prelude Si was also a sweety!

My GTS is the end of an era. NA 4.7l Ferrari (F136) V8. Makes sounds we all dream about every time it starts. It drives amazingly well!!!!!!
Not driving a sports car up side of Sugarloaf in winter and logging trucks make you want to be in a higher visual position. Guilia's can't haul tires ...or anything else for that matter. At least in a Stelvio you can drop seats and do stuff. My last sedan was a 2004 Jag XJ-VDP. I have decided to step away from the Guilia. The add lightness mentality just won't let me do it. If Alfa still made a 4C coupe and I drove one with corrected caster......and knowing it could be 306HP or more in a week.....

Love Stelvio Quads!!! Just wouldn't do it justice in winter and mine isn't exactly stock anymore at 390/443 with your wheels/tires ArizonaExige. Maybe next gen when mine gets old...but I REALLY LOVE IT!!! If they made it in Visconti Verde.....that could be a problem esp with red interior. That was my 2005 Elise combination.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts