The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The test cars will be here Friday the 19th, from 6-8pm.. I will be hanging around to chat with any of you that drop by, however this will be my first go at an Evora as well, so we will both be asking questions of the reps that accompany the cars...

I also have a semi- door prize (out of my pocket, not the dealerships).. The first Lotustalk member that brings me a 12 pack of Stella gets a 6 pack of Havoline 5-40 oil. the second and 3rd get nothing, but will have 12 beers to split with the rest of us.... If you want to look low rent, I will give the oil to you if your the first one to show up with beer AND its a case of PBR or Steel reserve, but remember your the one going to be seen carrying a case of that stuff!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Nice.... I'll see if I can drop by.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Any Dallas/FT.Worth guys that can't make it to their showing on Friday feel free to come on down here to Austin and have a look. (hope this doesn't step on any toes up there)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
to my knowledge, sitting in it should be happening, as far as driving it, well, I dont get to, so I am betting no one else does either....

your not stepping on toes charlie, in fact I will send you a pm here in a bit you might find interesting....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Aw that's a let down. I was hoping to be able to try the car since I would be driving an hour through traffic just to get there. I guess I will have to see how the rest of my schedule works out.

·
Registered
475 Posts
to my knowledge, sitting in it should be happening, as far as driving it, well, I dont get to, so I am betting no one else does either....

your not stepping on toes charlie, in fact I will send you a pm here in a bit you might find interesting....

sounds good

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Action shots...
:D

Given the camera phone quality, I thought it better to leave these large rather than resize them. Yes.... I'm in the Evo. I've been daily driving the Exige for the past two weeks and wanted the luxury of marginally better A/C today.

The really do look quite nice in person and the interior is very nicely done although the Lotus boys were quick to point out that these were test cars and not up to production car quality interior-wise.

I even saw a guy in a Honda roll down his window, point excitedly, and say something to his girlfriend.

(The sensors above the passenger door are ambient air sensors.)

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
some pics from tonight..... all of them can be seen <a href="http://jasonjones.zenfolio.com/p1006106879" target="_blank" title="more Evora photos">HERE</a>

looks like fun working on this! I only hope the rear clam comes of very easily/quickly!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was actually impressed with the interior quality, given they were test cars (the duct tape on the dash was a nice touch!).. I am quite fond of the extra room too, given my "roundness" and how much fun I have getting into a hardtop elise/exige....

Good chatting with some of you tonight, and sorry I couldnt make the "afterparty" with you Mr. Plyler!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...fantastic pictures - thanks for posting!..

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
Wow, I think I want one! I didn't think I would when I first saw them but I think it would make a decent daily driver. I need to see one on the track first though!
Get an Evora for around town and road trips and an Exige S for the track/mountains.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
looks like fun working on this! I only hope the rear clam comes of very easily/quickly!
Two hours for removal (per the tech.) but one of the other engineers overheard and quipped, "It's a Toyota so there's no reason it will ever need to come off."
rotfl

Perhaps... but we couldn't see how there'd be room to get the coil packs off the rear head with the clam in place.... unless they're really flexible or there's an access panel (I'm betting there's an access panel - perhaps the same one as the battery). They did mention that there's a fair number of access panels or decent access through the wheel wells for a lot of the routine stuff.

Great pics, Jason!

A couple of interesting notes...
- it'll be just about impossible to pull the dipstick with the engine cover in place (the engine cover has quick latches although they get fairly warm)
- there are no secondary battery terminals for jumpstarting so a flat battery means pulling out back trunk carpet to get to the battery access panel (bad if your trunk is loaded)
- there's an interior boot release cable hidden under the rear seat/carpet/somewhere in case the battery goes flat
- it's a "world car" so only 6 parts need to be changed to bring it to the States (4 of which are the US running lamps!).
- the child mannequin fits in the boot so we'll be getting the "US-market gnome escape handle"

I like it! I'm especially fond of the seats!

Oh... and the Lotus guys were hoping their next hotel would have decent internet access so they could pull down a torrent of tonight's Top Gear (with the Evora).
:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Two hours for removal (per the tech.) but one of the other engineers overheard and quipped, "It's a Toyota so there's no reason it will ever need to come off."
rotfl
yeah we'll see! lmao! whatever part is completely up against the tub on one side requiring engine removal for the bolt to come all the way out will fail at an astronomical rate, simply because murphy said so.

Great pics, Jason!
thanks!

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Did anyone try out the rear seats or get any pictures of them? Any idea if a child seat would fit back there?
My SO got in the back seat, pulled the front seat back into place. She said she would only be able to stay there for a VERY short trip... She is 5' 1" ...
I do not see a child seat fitting, much less being usable.

S

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My SO got in the back seat, pulled the front seat back into place. She said she would only be able to stay there for a VERY short trip... She is 5' 1" ...
I do not see a child seat fitting, much less being usable.

S
we routinely have people come in with child seats in the back of XK8's and I feel very sorry for the kids... the room is about the same as an evora and I would say neither is sutable for a car seat that is being used by a kid.

I did not think to ask, but probably should have since Lotus has recieved exemptions for things like airbag functions before, but I wonder if it will have a smart system for the front passenger side. All the Jags we have now use a scale in the seat and other sensors to tell if it is a kid or car seat in the front passenger seat and wont deploy the bag in an accident. there is no manual switch or anything, just a scale, sonar sensors and seat belt monitors, but it works great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts