The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m first posting this here because of the general interest and the big response of the local contingent. If mods decide to send this down to the Evora threads, so be it.

The two Evora U.S. test ‘mules’ came to visit yesterday while they are in Colorado for high altitude testing. They made an appearance at Fer…er, ah, Lotus of Denver Saturday afternoon. Brandi of FoD sent out an invitation earlier and Lotus Colorado was well-represented by a good number of members pawing over the two cars.

Four Lotus powertrain engineers were present to answer questions (lots of them). Later, our own Abraham Reyes made an appearance. Abe is the Western Region Sales and Marketing Executive for LCU. It was a big treat for me to finally meet Abe. He facilitated my purchase of Alan’s (Serebo1) red ’06 interior several years ago. :bow:

Some things I learned I’ll mention here; some detail items in a later post. I was surprised to find curb weight is around 3,300 lbs. (I’d have guessed 2,700-2,900 lbs.) There is to be a sport pack offered, represented by some detailed differences such as the forged wheels seen on the black car. (You can tell they're forged 'cuz it sez so...) The engineer I questioned described switchable programming for the engine management that will include a sport setting. He was a little vague on the details, which apparently are still being nailed down.

These cars may be 'test mules,' but the fit and finish is excellent on both. :up: The finish on the red car is finer than that on the black, but either one is welcome in my garage any time!

Some general pics to start:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some of the details...

The interior is well-styled and fits everyone we saw try it out. Yes, that's cruise control on the steering wheel. The nav system is removable and portable just in case you want to go somewhere the car doesn't want to go. Sorry for the crummy quality of the pic with the dash lit up. I tried several exposures, none of 'em too steady. :eek:

The rear seating is 'occasional' for adults...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The details of styling give the car a tremendous presence. Its impact grows the longer and closer you look at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More details...

The tiny keyhole in the driver's door is contingency for the situation where the remote's battery (or the car's) doesn't unlock the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I missed the evora showing by about 2 hours on saturday. Are they going to be back at ferrari of denver anytime soon?
Oh man! :thwack: Sorry you missed. Would've loved to meet you there. :eek: No, they're going to ship the cars back to Hethel. Far as I know, this was a one-off opportunity.

A few more pics: The first is Brandi from FoD. The motlie crewe is Abe (suit, center) with the four Lotus engineers. Then, chasing the cars onto the freeway after the event. (NO! I'm not showing my speedo! :no: :evil:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait... you live in Colorado? lolwut?

Bob, nice pics. I'll have some more to post when I get home from work.
Hey, what the hell are you guys doing up at this hour in Colorado? Work? What's that? (No, I'm not retired yet! :wallbang: )

One more gratuitous pic of Brandi, by request. (Now I understand how Abe got his storied fetish for high heels... :D )

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
Probably looks better without all of the test equipment sensor wires.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...we crammed four people in there just to prove that it could be done, doors closed and ready to drive away...

...i will say that my greatest disappointment was the fake intakes to either side of the front grille, down low - has anybody heard the engineers discuss whether they may ultimately serve a utilitarian purpose?..the door hinges were were a trivial letdown, easily dismissed as they remain out of sight most of the time, just like the uncovered engine bay...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you guys for posting pictures! I'm happy there were so many people there!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you guys for posting pictures! I'm happy there were so many people there!
Thanks to all of you for the hospitality. And the cookies are GR-R-REAT! (Need a Tony the Tiger avatar there.) :D It was nice to finally meet Bill after all these years.

I guess it's time for you to change your avatar... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hmm - red looks better than I thought it would. I kinda figured it'd be like a ferrari wanna be. My old sport 190 was that red with two white stripes... tempting ;)

Still undecided with the black though.

Edit: As for the vents, this is standard lotus practice. The original S1 had minor cooling issues for the front brakes so the s1 exige had big vents which were then largely blocked up. The original S2 had false rear vents too. The idea is that "if" theres a major problem then it's much easier to fit a solution if the vent is already there as changing the production line for bodywork is a nightmare once it's all tooled up.

Also means any aftermarket tuners can add bits and bobs easier too :)

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
my pictures are here

Evora

I was good to see all the LOCO's there. And it was good to get a chance to talk to the Lotus techs and test engineers.

Also nice to meet Brandi, if only for a second.

btw, I did try out the back seat of the Evora... At 6'2" it was pretty small, neck smashing even...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts