The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
you can't expect lotus to suddenly make a stellar interior just like you can't expect an american car company to suddenly produce something worth buying...

but if you buy a lotus for the interior you are doing it wrong

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
So basically: Quality of Evora interior sucks. Evora sounds like crap too.

But it's faster (are they sure...?), handles better, steers better, and drives better than the Cayman.

Yep...Sounds like a Lotus...
the idea of porsche padding their power numbers doesn't seem all that hard to believe

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
you can't expect lotus to suddenly make a stellar interior just like you can't expect an american car company to suddenly produce something worth buying...

but if you buy a lotus for the interior you are doing it wrong
As long as we are interjecting unrelated bias, I'll remind all that a similarly priced Z06 will absolutly embarass either of these cars at any contest of speed on any type of track on any given day.

Its surprising the evora is said to accelerate Better than the S, it will be interesting to see what further quantitative testing says.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I actually like the interior of my Elise. It is simple, only has what I need, no extra junk. Kind of like my 1966 Mustang, but with a decently reliable motor, a suspension that actually works and responsive steering. I do hope the Evora does well, it certainly looks interesting!

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I actually like the interior of my Elise. It is simple, only has what I need, no extra junk. Kind of like my 1966 Mustang, but with a decently reliable motor, a suspension that actually works and responsive steering. I do hope the Evora does well, it certainly looks interesting!
Sure the Elise has an OK interior, but anybody would be hard pressed to argue the quality of the materials are high....

·
Registered
538 Posts
I doubt it actually is faster... Might just have better mid-range...

Also, does anyone else get the feeling these British cars mags are really, really biased toward the Evora? Think Car & Driver's love affair with the Corvette...
Not really and especially not with AutoCar...they'll trash any British automaker if they deserve it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sure the Elise has an OK interior, but anybody would be hard pressed to argue the quality of the materials are high....
rotfl Other than Lotus, I don't think anyone actually believes their interiors are of high quality but, then again, as you stated, no one buys a Lotus for their interiors.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

Also, does anyone else get the feeling these British cars mags are really, really biased toward the Evora? Think Car & Driver's love affair with the Corvette...
I had a sense it article was a bit biased against the Evora. I also thought some parts of the Evora's interior could use some improvement but no where near as bad as the author.

As for the Cayman, what Cayman S is he comparing the Evora too? I'd think the 2009 Cayman S would accelerate faster than the Evora. Then again, I'd think the 296hp would too.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
.... no one buys a Lotus for their interiors.
Yes, but the Evora is supposed to be different (or at least aimed at a different market) so interior matters as much as an automatic transmission. rotfl

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yes, but the Evora is supposed to be different (or at least aimed at a different market) so interior matters as much as an automatic transmission. rotfl
I agree with that statement but I was referring to the Elise/Exige interior since the other person had mentioned it. Automatic as you know is more of a marketing thing-overall, you'll sell more cars if you offer it.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
It also steers more sweetly than the Cayman, which is some achievement, while its all-round double wishbone suspension provides a level of composure that is just breathtaking, even in the soaking wet conditions in which most of this test took place. What you notice most jumping from one to another is the extra agility and composure of the Evora when you’re really going for it. It changes direction with such precision and immediacy, all the Cayman driver can do is watch in awe. It’s that well sorted, is the Evora, yet at the same time it’s that much more comfortable than the Cayman as well.

if thats true - it is very promising indeed!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts

:no: Quite the contrary actually, the only person at Car and Driver who was really a fan of Corvettes left over a year ago.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
That may have been true at one point Fuzz!

rotfl Other than Lotus, I don't think anyone actually believes their interiors are of high quality but, then again, as you stated, no one buys a Lotus for their interiors.
But this is the year 2009 in the 21st century. :rolleyes:

:up:

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Since I own a Snapper why not set yoiu straight?

I doubt they do that... This is a 911 motor basically. I think they just cripple it in the gearing department to make it slower than the 911 Carrera.
The engines on all Caymans are well under-powered from their 911 series brothers. Why? Because when they have the very same lumps the Snapper has the very best times around places like the Ring. :rolleyes:

It's weird I know.

:shift:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts