The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Evora LE with the standard 5 spoke (well 5 pairs of spokes) wheels. I have a had a problem with the center cap (the Lotus logo in the picture below) falling off. I went out this morning and noticed another had fallen off, so right now I am missing two. I have had two replaced, so that mean 4 times the center cap has fallen out. 5900 miles on the car. Not sure why they keep falling out or how to keep them in. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Yes, others have. We'll just have to wait for them to chime in. If I remember correctly it has to do with expansion due to heat or something like that.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Just curious. How much are they raping you for on the replacement ones?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have not lost my wheel caps but my rear wheel caps wobble and spin to the touch but don't fall out. I can remove them with a pry tool and can see they are held in place with pressure clips. Maybe the clips can be bulked up with some tape to apply more pressure?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you easily take them off? Looks like putting them in is easy. 3 out of the 4 times they came off on a track day so that may be my solution - take them off for track days.

After speaking with the service manager I found that if the wheel has been refinished for whatever reason (repainted) sometimes the paint is put on too thick in the wheel center causing the cap to not seat properly. I think two of mine wheels has had repairs so that could also be contributing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Put a couple of spots of gasket sealant/glue on them and glue them into place so to speak. Very effective and they won't fall out and you can still tap them out from the inside if you ever have to.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I've yet to lose mine but mine look like utter shiiite. The clear rubber over top is foggy as hell

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How long have you had those stickers on there? Are they just like a vinyl sticker? How have they held up?

From the pic that does look pretty good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

originally this caps were a temporary trackday solution to save my OEMs from melting. Now they are fitted permanently. This stickers are my second try. The first stickers from a british ebay seller are worn (UV) within 4 weeks! This above stickers are precise printed 2D vinyl stickers. Now they are more than a half year mounted and as good as the first day!

Martin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts