The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to take the new Evora out in the rain. The wiper blade ran about 2 minutes before it started screaming in protest. Sounds like the motor is located in the dash. It is so loud I thought for a moment the sound was coming from the Alpine system. Glad it's under warranty. Is this common? Here's a video clip:

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Not super common, but it has popped up here and there. Mine has started making noise after ~4 years, so I'll change it out next time I have the clam off. Btw, the motor is under the front clam. I think it might be possible to change it with the clam in place, but obviously there's more room to work with it removed.

Also, this is posted in the how-to section, and probably should be in the main Evora forum.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not super common, but it has popped up here and there. Mine has started making noise after ~4 years, so I'll change it out next time I have the clam off. Btw, the motor is under the front clam. I think it might be possible to change it with the clam in place, but obviously there's more room to work with it removed.

Also, this is posted in the how-to section, and probably should be in the main Evora forum.
The dealer will have to deal with it. Hope they will be able to order the motor before I drive out there based on the video alone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts