The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? The wrap matches the paint so you can't even tell it's a wrap. I think it came out really good, Must make it look good so the looks matches it's massive power increase in a week.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Seriously? Do you mean just the black rocker and roof cause the yellow is unbelievably glossy for vinyl. If its all a wrap, N I C E !

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Love the wrap. I think the black top and black rocker panels really bring out the lines of the Evora.
Your setup is almost exactly like the port option black package on the MY11 Evoras. Only thing missing is the black front splitter.

Here's mine

10720S 11 Evora 2+2 Carbon Grey Charcoal Medium 001.jpg

10720S 11 Evora 2+2 Carbon Grey Charcoal Medium 009.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I'm going to have someone else add carbon fiber wrap to my roof... I have done the a-pillars and rear hatch so far. They came out ok but I want someone else to do the top as I already screwed that up once.

I have also purchased a light smoke for my headlamps and will be looking into crystalline for the windshield.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Um, it's a Solar Yellow Evora.......how bad can it look? ;-)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Love it! :up::up: The part of the Evora I have always thought looked odd is the roof and the way it meets the back glass and the side. The black roof makes it look much better IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you guys think about adding the stripes like the GTE, I'm debating if it will look as good as it does on GTE!!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the look i'm going for. Just emailed lotus racing and asked for the wing. Hopefully since i bought the charger kit they'll sell me the wing without buying the rest of the crap.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
Ramtin, might have missed the boat on this wrap thing...so you wrapped yellow on yellow?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Love the wrap. Very nice! If mine weren't already phantom black, I'd have my top and rocker panels done as well. As far as the GTE stripes - definitely!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks beautiful :)!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Ramtin, definitely go for the stripes. I think the really loud colors on the Evora which I totally love (Solar Yellow, CO, IG, etc) can really benefit from a little "breaking up" as it's almost too much of a good thing on the larger bodied Evora compared to the Elise.

You already broke it up a good bit with the roof, but a stripe would look quite nice, too. If I end up going with SY or CO, I'll most likely do a Racing Green stripe on the length of the car. But hey, to each their own. Do what looks good to your eyes.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Still quite undecided though... some cons I'm pondering...
-many people view stripes as cliche'.
-I park my car outside most of the time. I don't want issues with my paint if I remove them later.
-Have gloss black on roof, splitter, rocker panel, trunk lid and bumper might already be enough.
-Not to say it's inappropriate but I tend to see them on every guy and his kid brother's hothatch econobox. Kinda takes away the 'special'. It's not quite the feather in your cap.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts